Chapter 6: Bespoke Tailors

Skulduggery, Ghastly and of course Tanith and Valkyrie were all sat at Ghastly's shop. There was nothing really on the agenda. Although, they hadn't really seen anyone else in the last two years.

Valkyrie and Fletcher were now both 21 but still looked like teenagers. The past two years had been calm. The occasional mission. Punching people in the face, up until last week when the attacks had been launched upon them.

The sanctuary was now so secure. Everybody had to carry around key cards. Everything was kept under lock at all times. Especially the rooms with the magical artifacts. They now had regained their existing numbers in cleavers and the goal cells were kept under super tight security. Although, it didn't exactly do anything to waver the opinions of the sorcerers working there. It made them even worse, if possible.

So here they were. Chatting away as old friends should.

"You know what." Began Ghastly. "We need to organise some kind of gathering thingy. Party even. We need to get everyone together."

"Great idea." Said Tanith. Who was laying across to Ghastly's lap. "It'll be nice to see everyone again."

"And its Halloween soon." Valkyrie added with a grin.

"Oh... my... God. Val you just gave me the best idea. Halloween costume party at the sanctuary!" Tanith screamed.

"But that's in almost a month." Skulduggery sulked. He was nicknamed the sulking skeleton by Valkyrie. He was doing alot of it lately.

"I know.... but we are still having that party. And I'm sure Corrival will agree with me." Ghastly replied.

"Fine... your highness."

...

Skulduggery had gone to the sanctuary whilst Ghastly was in another part of his shop. Completley out of earshot. This left the two girls completley alone. So Tanith took this as a flaming opportunity to ask the question that had been flowing around in her head for quite a while now.

"Do you like Skulduggery?" She asked Valkyie.

Valkyrie's face immeadiatley went red and she tried to put on a serious face. "Dont be dumb."

Tanith gasped. "You do! You love Skuluggery!" She almost screamed.

Valkyrie cupped a hand over her mouth. "Shut up. Ghastly is still here."

That moment Ghastly walked ino the room. "I always knew you had a thing for the skeleton." He smiled whilst giving Valkyrie her new clothes.

"Don't either of you be saying anything." Valkyrie growled.

"Its not me you should be worring about." Ghastly hinted at Tanith who was on her phone.

Valkyrie grabbed the phone from her hands and saw that she was texting Saracen who she had named 'Sarcy Boy' on her contacts.

The message read: OH... MA... LAWD. VALKYRIE AND THE SKELETON SHIP BE SAILING 24/7 WE NEED TO SET THEM UP! TELL EVERYONE TO GET THEIR ASSES HERE.

Ghastly just laughed when he saw this and Valkyrie looked like she was about to explode.

"I swear to God Tanith." She mumbled. Deleting the message before it could get sent. "Both of you... just... this never happened."

A few seconds of silence...

"So... done anything interesting?" Tanith asked.

Ghastly broke into hysterics and Valkyrie just facepalmed.

"Oh my God are you even a virgin Valkyie..." Tanith gawped.
"You're not are you."

Valkyrie just looked at the pair of them. The grown guy in hysterics and the sword lady with a five year old persona.

"I swear to God the both of you." She sighed.

"No its fine. It stays in this room." Ghastly reassured Valkyrie. She just glared at Tanith who was staring blankly at the wall... looking like she was plotting something.

"Earth to Tanith." Valkyrie clicked her fingers in front of Tanith's face. She snapped out of her daze. "You look like you're plotting something."

"No." Tanith said innocently. "Nothing."

Valkyrie sighed. She had always had feelings for Skulduggery. They had developed, become stronger over the years. It was odd, yes but then. Who cared? Everyone was crazy weird in the magical community. That's why she invented the phrase, 'until the end.'

She wanted to be with Skulduggery forever. She wanted to be with him 'until the end'. Although, Valkyrie knew he would never return those feelings. He though of her as his partner, best girl friend. She thought of him as way more than that. He was her everything.

Also the age difference. There was over a four hundred year age difference between them. It didn't change anything for her.

And she hoped it wouldn't for him.