Chapter 9: Skully Train

A/N: A fun chapter... just in case you need it :)

"You love me Valkyrie. Deep down in your heart you do and I only hang out with you to give you that intelligent conversation you crave. I'm your only friend Valkyrie and without me you'd be nothing." Skulduggery ranted as they walked from the Bentley.

Valkyrie scowled. She could literally feel the skeletons ego overriding Jupiter. It even had its own moons orbiting it. Valkyrie was the tiny satellite that had to keep track of it. Watch it grow.

Valkyrie walked ahead of the skeleton and towards Gordon's house. "You can't run from your problems Valkyrie." The skeleton called after her.

"I can walk from them." She shouted back.

Valkyrie reached the door and unlocked it. Immeadiatley throwing her shoes off. She chucked her jacket somewhere near her shoes and threw herself on the sofa.

Skulduggery however, much more dignified, casually walked into a study room which was more or less used as a paper holding room for only a fraction of the sanctuary documents. He picked up a new case file which he had only recived news about quite recently and went back to join Valkyrie.

He scrolled through it. Reading every detail.

Valkyrie got op and went to the kitchen. She remembered those Krispy Kreme donuts she had brought earlier.

Thanking God it was Autumn and they didn't melt, she pulled out her phone and dialed Tanith. Telling her to come over and that there was donuts.

...

Ten minutes later Tanith appeared with Fletcher who looked excited.

"Hi Fletcher." Valkyrie said.

Fletcher didn't reply but his grin grew.

Tanith sighed. "When I asked him to drop me here I mentioned donuts. Somehow he knew where I was and where they were." She gestured to him. "And here we are."

Valkyrie smirked and walked into the kitchen. Only to return with a white and green container and a dozen on those Krispy Kreme donuts.

She set them down on the table and they all dug in. Savouring the taste of the sweet and sugary delights and stuffing their mouths full.

Skulduggery just rolled his imaginary eyes. "Do you mind?" He asked. It was more rhetorical though.

None of them replied. Skulduggery scowled and went upstairs with the files, to talk to echo Gordon about the cases.

By the end of it, they had eaten both of the boxes of donuts. Resulting in eight each.

Valkyrie was sprawled on the main sofa. Tanith on the other and Fletcher splayed on the love seat. All too stuffed with deliciousness to even talk or move.

Skulduggery came down the stairs and left the house for a little bit. Only to come back with Ghastly.

When Ghastly saw them he laughed slightly. Tanith mumbled something inaudible and Ghastly kissed her cheek before going upstairs with Skulduggery.

"Men." Valkyrie mumbled.

Skulduggery heard her.

"Teenagers. And the five year old." He called back.

We all know who he meant by the five year old. The ice cream, junk food loving sword lady who was also Ghastly's girlfriend.

Tanith Low.