Chapter 13: The Phantom Bridge

Valkyrie awoke surrounded by doctors of sorts in a strange enviroment. She had no idea where she was.

"Hello Valkyrie, you're awake." Said a man with colourful hair.

"Yeah, where am i?" She asked.

"We forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm Xavier."

"I'm Alex." Said another man.

"We are a super security based organisation. Phantom. I don't think you've heard of us. Hence the security. You are at the bridge, one of our many... places... I guess but we have many others across the city, just incase." Xavier stated.

"What do you mean city?" Valkyrie asked... wary.

"Oh yes, you are in London." Alex smiled.

"But I was just in Ireland." Valkyrie raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, you were but now you are here. Just relax and let our doctors treat you." Xavier chuckled.

Weird people was Valkyrie's first thought. Weird, weird people... she liked them.

"So what happened?" Alexander asked.

The assassins gaze flicked up to him.

"I found her." He replied.

"You found her?" Alex asked.

"He found me." Valkyrie confirmed.

"Right.. well don't worry about who you were after. We'll send an agent. However you are injured." Alex stated.

"I'm fine." The assassin retorted.

Alexander tried to push him but he wouldn't move. Mordecai grabbed Xavier's shoulder and put a hand to his head.

"Please don't push me." He said.

"Get Orion." Xavier said to one of the staff.

"So Valkyrie, what happened, as this freak here is being remarkably evasive." Alexander asked.

They shared a look.

"Well the building collapsed, he found me, then there was a noise which he went to go check out. Then part of the ceiling collapsed I guess."

Shadows dispersed in the room at the arrival of a Necromancer. "Hiiiiii." She said a little ausipciously to Valkyrie. Then she saw the assassin. "DAMN you look shitty."

"I'm fine." He retorted.

"No... you're not. Your holding on to Xavier for support." Orion crossed her arms.

"I'm just... admiring his shoulder." Mordecai tried.

"Really. So you say the building collapsed." Alexander turned to Valkyrie.

"Wait... a building collapsed?" Orion asked.

"A building collapsed." Valkyie confirmed.

"You were there, didn't you see?" Xavier asked.

"Not exactly, I came to get them then went to scout the area. I didn't exactly pay attention to the building." Orion stated.

"How can you just ignore a pretty big building. You're a spy!?" Xavier sighed, baffled.

"Yeah... a spy... not a architect." Orion retorted.

"Architects don't do that they design buildings." Xavier stated.

"That's not the point." Orion looked at him.

Valkyrie now knew from her fee minutes of being here that her stay was to be full of good old banter.