I miss him

Alex's P.O.V
I held tightly onto the lifeless hand of my little brother. It was freezing cold. I didn't even try to pretend I was being brave, the tears were forcing themselves out of me. Every time I tired to speak I choked. I watched as a nurse came into the room, her eyes filled with sympathy.

'I'm so sorry.' She walked over to the machines and switched them off completely. Another nurse walked through the room, gave me a sympathy look then covered Tom up with a blue sheet. This was it. This is the time I cracked. I saved up all my tears up until this moment. The worst moment of my life.

Noah's P.O.V
I watched as the nurses covered up the body of a little boy. I couldn't help but cry. I had gotten to know him and bond with him so well. There was so much more I wanted to teach him and talk to him about. He was soon turning out to be a little brother to me. My body ran cold with goosebumps as the nurse began to wheel Tom out of the room.

'Where are you taking him? Why?' Alex shot up out of her seat, still holding Tom's hand.

'Alex, let him go.' I whispered through the tears. She looked at me with hurt eyes.

'I can't.' No words came out but I could make out what she wanted to say by the slight movement of her lips. She dropped to the ground. Her hands covering her face. She rocked herself, calling Tom's name and crying.

'He didn't deserve to go, I do. Why can't he come back and I'll take his place.'

'Alex, don't say that!' I sat beside her on the floor, not caring that the nurses had to get out.

'It was Tom's time and he was ready. He went peacefully without a care in the world.' I smiled but tears continued to roll down my face.

'I miss him so much, I want him back. I need my baby brother back.' She hid her head into my chest and held my top in the scruff of her hands.

'He's happy now, you didn't want him to be strapped up to wires and sat in a hospital for any longer. He's free.' I stroked her head.

I had no response just more tears and screams.

10 minutes passed, we were sat dead still on floor in silence. I didn't dare speak, I needed Alex to process what had just happened.

'I'm so sorry honey.' I turned around and was welcomed by Marie. She stood in the doorway, bloodshot eyes.

Alex jumped up and ran to Marie. Marie is the only person who has been with Alex through it all so I'm glad they have eachother. I rubbed my eyes until the wetness from the tears had dried up. I stood up from the floor and brushed passed Maria and Alex. I left the room and was now standing in the middle of the corridor. The smell of hand sanitiser wafted under my nose.

'Let me see him!' I heard a woman's voice shout from down the halls. I wondered down then until I reached the front desk.

'He's my son I should have the right to see him! I don't are if he's dead. Let me see him.' Stood there shouting was a woman and around 40-50. She was wearing blue lipsy tracksuit with black Nike air max. You could tell straight away she was a stoner just from the look on her face.

'I'm sorry miss Williams but your son has already been taken away, it has been over an hour.' The receptionist replied civilly.

Miss Williams.... Shit! I replayed the name in my head but when I put the pieces together I was I hadn't.

I walked over to drugged you woman.

'You've got some nerve coming here today.' I grunted to her.

'I beg your pardon. Who the fuck are you?' Her breath stunk of cigarettes.

'I'm the person who has been helping your kids through their hardest times. I'm the person who has put a roof over your daughters head and actually cared for your sick son.' I held back my tears. But this time they weren't enters of sadness, they were tears of anger.

'Who do you think you are looking after MY children.' She emphasised the 'my'.'

'I think I'm a better person than you'll ever be, oh and don't worry your daughter is fine, not thanks to you.' I scrunched my fists together. I would never hit a woman but it's just so I didn't damage anything else.

'Noah.' I turned around and stood behind me was Alex, her eyes drowsy and weak. They were darting back and forth to me and her joke of a mother.

'Alex, go back to Maria for a few minutes.' I tried to persuade her to go, she didn't need this drama right now.

She totally ignored what I said and walked towards me. Her hand intwined with mine tightly.

'What are you doing here?' Alex sighed.

'I'm here to see my family, is that such a crime?' Sarcastically replied the bitch standing in front of us.

'It's a bit late for that isn't it Helen. Your only son has just past away from cancer, and your daughter is long gone.' I wrapped my arm around Alex's shoulder showing her I was with her every step of the way.

'I came as soon as I got the call about Tom. And please Alex I regret everything I did to you two.' Helen moved closer towards us but I pulled Alex back again. I didn't want her anywhere near us.

'I don't want anything to do with you. You left me to look after my sick brother, pay for my own flat, go to school and buy myself food. What kind of a mother does that?'

'I was distraught after hearing about Tom, I had nothing else to do.'

'Bullshit. Kate, can you escort Helen out of here please. And if you come anywhere near Noah and I, I'll have you locked up.' Alex pulled my hand gesturing for us to leave. I followed behind her.

'You're going to regret this. When you and this guy break up you'll have no one. You'll have nothing!' Helen screamed back after us.

'Ignore her baby, she doesn't know us.' I kissed her on the top of her head as we walked to my car.

We approached the car but stopped.

'She's right. If anything did happen between us, I would have no one.' I looked back down at her and I could see tears rolling down her face. I couldn't bare to see her crying again today.

'Baby, our bond is like no other. I'm never going to leave you. I love you.' I pulled her into my arms.

'I love you.'