Chapter 3

*Alex's POV*

I crawled over and grabbed the keys and paper. I opened the paper to find an address for a place in New York. Underneath it said Xavier's Home For Gifted Youngster's. I heard footsteps coming towards the cell hall so I sent the keys to Wyatt using my new power and stuck the paper inside my boot. I moved back to the corner and waited. A group of guards walked through the main doors and came to my cell. One of them opened my door and three of them came in. One grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled me to my feet and pushed me out of my cell. They pushed me down the hall towards the second set of main doors. The new kids looked at me with sympathy and fear written across their faces.
"Don't worry I'll be fine. They won't hurt you." I told them. The biggest one of them gave me a slight smile. The guards pushed me out the doors and lead me down stairs. My hands started shaking really bad. I know what's about to happen but can't help but to become scared.

*Wyatt's POV*

The guards just took Alex somewhere just like they do every night. Where they take her I'll never know. Alex doesn't like talking about it. Every time she comes back, she's different. She's colder and crueler.
"Hello?" One of the new girls called out. I moved over to my cell door. I could see them next their door.
"Hi." They all look over at me.
"Who are you? Who is she?" A guy asked.
"I'm Wyatt Howlett. The other girl is my cousin Alex Creed. Who are you?"
"I'm Fletcher. This is Hazel, Skylar, and Tony. How long have two been here?"
"I've been here for 6 years and Alex has been here for 10 years."
"Oh my God!" Hazel exclaimed.
"What are they going to do to us?" Tony asked.
"Take your powers and put them in us. After that I don't know." I told them.
"Why are they doing that you two?" Skylar asked.
"Colonel, the guy in charge here, knew our dads and was fascinated with their abilities. Somehow he found out about Alex and he went and took her. Then he found out about me and came and took me as well. He's training us to be weapons. He takes other people's powers and puts them in us to make us stronger."
"That's horrible!" Hazel said.
"Where did they take Alex?" Fletcher asked.
"I don't know. She doesn't like talking about it. They started taking her away a few years ago. She never tells me what happens when they take her. She use to get mad when I asked so I stopped bringing it up." I told them.
"Where are you guys from?" I asked.
"We live at a school for mutants in New York. We went out to hang out at this new restaurant and we got attacked. Next thing we know we're here." Tony explains.
We continue speaking for probably over an hour and a half before Alex came back. The guards literally dragged her in by her hair. I realized she was unconscious when she didn't struggle. They threw her in her cell, locked the door and left. She didn't move.
"Is she OK?" Skylar asked.
"Yeah. She's fine. We have healing factors so we are practically invincible. If we get hurt, we will heal quickly and if we are killed we will come back to life in just a few minutes." I tell them.
"Cool! That's just like Professor Logan's powers!" Tony said.
"Wait, Logan who?" I asked.
"Sorry. We don't know his last name but he can heal like you said you could do." He said.
"Does he have claws like this?" I asked showing them my claws. They all looked at me in shock and nodded.
"I think you guys might know my dad." I told them. They continued to stare at me in shock. All the cell lights just went out and the end hallway lights stayed on.
"What's going on?" Fletcher asked.
"Don't worry. This is just how they tell us to go to sleep. Get some rest." I told them. I moved to the back of my cell and layed down. I closed my eyes and after awhile I slowly fell asleep.

*Alex's POV*

I slowly opened my eyes only to see black. I gave my eyes a moment to adjust and then I could see. Thank you night vision. I sat up and looked around. I don't remember being brought back to my cell. I don't even remember leaving the basement. Guess the guards brought me back. I checked the time on my watch and saw it was 2:25 in the morning. I moved closer to the door. Wyatt is asleep so I just used my powers to bring the keys over to me. I grab the keys and unlock my door. I walk over and unlock Wyatt's door as well. I can't handle another trip to the basement. We are getting out tonight! The sound woke her up, and she stood up.
"What are you doing?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes.
"Getting us out. Now come on!"
"What about them?" She asked pointing to the new kids.
"Screw them. Let's go!"
"Alex! What the heck? You would never say that!"
"Look I'm just worried about getting us out. Not anybody else." Before I knew it, she slapped me.
"What is wrong with you? We're not leaving them!" I glared at her and punched her.
"Fine we'll take them too. Slap me again and I'll put you in the ground."
"Yeah right!" I smirked and went to unlock the other kids door. Wyatt told me who was who and where they were from. I grabbed the paper from my boot and showed it to her.
"This is the place your dad wants us to go? They said my dad they knew my dad and he is a professor at this place. Think we should go?"
"You can if you want. I'm going to try and find my mom and older brother." She nodded her head to show she understood. We woke them up and pulled them to their feet.
"What's goin-"
"Shut up! You want to get us caught?! We're breaking out so keep quit!" I told them. I lead them down the hall and through the doors. Wyatt and I kept looking around and making sure we couldn't hear or smell anyone near by. Mostly everyone is asleep except a few certain guards. We head towards the stairwell and head up to the main level. We continue sneaking around the base until we get near the main door. We ducked down behind a couple of crates. A couple of guards were standing in front of the doors. I concentrated on them and lifted them in the air. They freaked out and I threw them against the wall knocking them out. I made the doors open and we all made a run for it, but before we made it alarms started blaring throughout the building.
"Shit! Run!" We kept running and the doors started to close. I get to the doors and keep them pushed open long enough for the others to get through. We get outside and head for the tree line. I can hear guards chasing after us and these other kids are slow. We won't get anywhere with them slowing us down. God, Wyatt, why did you make me bring them.?
"Keep going. I'm gonna fall back and get rid of the guards following us. I'll catch up later." Wyatt nods her head at me and lead them deeper into the woods. I stopped running and waited for the guards to catch up. I decided to climb up into a tree and hide. It took them a minute before they reached the area where I was. I waited until most of them had ran past me and I lunged down at a guy in the back. I landed on his back. I reached around and ripped his throat out. All the guards turned around and started shooting at me. These idiots can't aim worth a damn, and they ended shooting each other a few times. They even killed a few of their own. I moved around killing them with ease and not a single bullet even grazed me. I sped around slitting their throats and breaking their necks. Everything I was trained to do. It wasn't long before all of them were dead. I stood over their bodies, and I felt satisfied. My blood lust was at ease and it probably will be for a while or at least, for about a day or two. I was covered in blood. I loved the smell of fresh blood. I guess that's just the animal in me.