Chapter 4

*Alex's POV*

I caught up with the others at the edge of the woods. The newbies freaked out when they saw I was covered in blood. I rolled my eyes. We were on the outskirts of some city.
"Ok we need a plan. What do we do?" Wyatt asked looking at me.
"Well we need to get you and them to New York, so..... How about you and I each take one and use our speed to get them there and come back and get the other two and go back?" They all looked at each other and nodded.
"Wait, you said us and her, what about you? Aren't you going to stay at the school too?" Skylar asked.
"No she wants to go find her family." Wyatt explained for me. I grabbed Fletcher and Wyatt grabbed Tony and we did what I said to. Soon all six of us were standing in front of a mansion. The front doors opened and a few adults came out. Judging by smell one of them is Wyatt's dad. There was guy in a wheelchair, a man in a wife beater and jeans smoking a cigar, a woman with white hair, a woman with fiery red hair, and a man covered in blue fur and wearing glasses. The others ran towards them and the two women met them half way and hugged them. I noticed Wyatt's dad and the crippled guy kept their eyes on us. Actually, all of them kept their eyes on us, especially me. Wyatt elbowed me in the side and nodded. We walked up to them and stopped right before we reached the steps.
"Where'd all that blood come from kid?" Logan asked.
"She doesn't talk. She had to kill a few guards in order for us to escape." She explained to them. I read their minds in order to learn their names. There's Charles, Storm, Jean and Hank.
"What are your names?" Jean asked.
"I'm Wyatt Howlett and this is my cousin Alex Creed." She told them.
"Since the two of you are mutants and you saved a few of our own, would you like to stay and be apart of our school?" Charles asked rolling forward a bit.
"I'd love to, but Alex says she wants to try and find her family."
"Thought you said she doesn't talk." Logan said raising an eyebrow.
"She can she just doesn't like too. She only talks to me and even then it's telepathically."
"Ok I'm tired of being stared at so I'm gonna leave. I'll come back sometime and see you." She nodded her head at me and I sped off.

When I was taken I lived with my mom and brother in Channing, Texas. Maybe they're still there. I hope so. I'm just glad Wyatt believed me when I said I was going to look for them. She's so naive sometimes. I've never been away from the base except for missions and training so I have no idea where to go, so I decided to chance it. I stopped on the outskirts of the city I was closest too. I looked up to see a sign that said Detroit. I shrugged and started to walk down the hill. I need to wash this blood of and get some different clothes. I looked around to see old, broken down houses everywhere. The only people I can see and smell are obviously homeless and all these houses look abandoned. I walked to the back of a house at the end of the street and slipped in. The house looks to be in decent shape. From the looks of it the house seems to have been empty for a week or two. I turned the sink on and to my luck there is still water. I turned it off and went to find the backroom. I find it upstairs at the end of the hall. I flip the light on surprised to see there is still electricity, but I'm not complaining. There's no window in here so I don't have to worry about anyone seeing the light. I turn the shower on and stripped. There's no soap or shampoo or anything but that's fine for now. I just need to get the blood off. I eventually get all of it off and turn the water off. I looked around and eventually found a small towel I dried off and put my clothes back on. Since I have dark clothes, you can't really tell that there is a little blood on them. (Alex's clothes are at the top of chapter 1) I go back down stairs while drying my hair with the towel. There's no furniture so I sat down on the floor with my back against the wall. Not like I would sit on the furniture if there was any here anyway. I sighed and leaned my head back. I didn't really think this through. All I was thinking about was getting Wyatt to that school and then leaving and going off somewhere to be alone. Never thought about what to do once I was on my own. Oh well. I guess I'm gonna have to figure this out as I go.

I throw my jacket off to the side and look at my new tattoos that the guards gave me only a few hours ago. They covered my arms from my shoulders to my wrists. When I got my claws they named me Tyger. So, they thought it would funny to tattoo tiger stripes on my arms. (Pic up top) As much as I hate those assholes, the tattoos look pretty badass. Plus there is my old one on the side of my neck I got 2 years ago. They tattooed X-232 Tyger on me a week after I got my claws. I trace the stripes with my finger tip. My watch says it 3 in the morning. My stomach starts growling. I'll have to find something to eat once the sun comes up. I run my fingers through my wet hair and try to detangle it a bit.

I sit in this empty house for a few hours before I decide to get up and check out the city. It's 8 am before I leave. Several homeless people were still asleep on the side walk. I walk past them until I reached tons of old buildings. People were everywhere. There were tons of cars and buses. I've never seen so many people before. I kept walking until I got down town. My stomach kept growling more and more. I looked around to find a place where I could easily steal a bite to eat before I caught someone's scent. Wyatt. I turner around to see her walking towards me.
"I thought you said you were going to find your family? Your family is in Texas not Detroit." She crossed her arms and put all her weight on one foot.
"Ok so I lied. So what?" I shrugged.
"So what?! We finally get free and get the chance to have a normal life and you want to go run off and be alone and homeless? Come on, Alex!"
"Ever stop to think that maybe I like being alone or maybe that I'm better off alone and away from people?"
"What are talking about? Why would think you'd be better off alone?"
"I'm a weapon. An animal. I don't belong around people like you do."
"But, Alex, we swore if we ever got out we would stick together and be normal and find our dads together. Are you really gonna go back on that?" I sighed and looked at her. She was giving me her signature sad face that she has always used to get me to agree with her.
"I don't belong there."
"Yes you do. Alex, they can help us. They can teach us to control our powers and they can teach you to control your blood lust."
"Control or suppress?"
"Control. Please Alex. You're 13. You shouldn't be alone on the streets."
"She's right. You should come with us." Logan said walking up and standing behind her. Wyatt gave me a pleading look. I mentally groan.
"Fine." I told her.
"Yes!" She punched up in the air and Logan laughed a little.
"Come on!" She grabbed my ran and started running leaving Logan behind. We ran until we reached a black jet. We walked up to it and got onboard. A moment later Logan showed up a bit out of breath. Wyatt introduced me to everyone from last night. Soon we were all seated and took off heading to New York. I immediately regret agreeing with her. God, Wyatt, why did I let you talk me into this?