Prologue

The view was amazing. Even through his mask Hiccup could see the beauty of the blood red setting sun, as the wind whipped back at Toothless's tongue . After performing a few loops and gliding meneuvers on his dragon's back, he drove downward and shot the dragon toward the ground . Just before he landed the night fury extended its wingspan to let the wind catch him to break his fall before softly landing on the cold , mossy floor.

"Hiccup!" He heard his name being called out as he jumped down from the saddle . His father strutted towards him as he slid the helmet off his face. " Have I got a proposition for you, my boy!" He beamed as he slapped a hand on hiccups back , almost knocking him off balance. " The kingdom of Arendelle has sent an invite to all its trading partners to the coronation ceremony of the new queen" he elaborated. " Aand you are telling me this because...?" Hiccup asked rhetorically as he already knew what the reply would be." I'm sending you as our representative from Berk. You are.....eh.... technically speaking the prince of Berk. ." He continued. "Heh . Dad. I'm only the son of the chief and am definitely no royal in behaviour. " hiccup chuckled as he walked on with Stoick's hand still on his shoulder. "Aah yes but I've already made the preparations. Yeh see. I'm not sure there are many royals who have dragons as their steeds now are there? Pack yer things you shall be leaving in an hour by boat." .As hiccup opened his mouth to argue back, Stoick finished " and you can take toothless with you for ....um.. protection. Just be sure that he won't be seen there. They are not that used to dragons. Heck, I don't think they've even seen one. And Wear this to the ceremony . " he added before handing a linen suit to a groaning hiccup. He sighed as he watched his son pack up.

"How much time will this take again? " hiccup asked as he boarded the ship. " The journey is only as day long however they did mention that the ceremony lasts a week. Happy journey my boy! Make Berk proud!" He bellowed cheerfully as the ship began to move.

Great,Hiccup thought , as he waved at his dad and the people on berk before it dissapeared into the mist. Eight days of no flying. As he turned around he lost his balance as his pet dragon licked him from head to toe, drowning him in dragon saliva.

"Ahhwww. Toothless! You know that doesn't wash out!" He complained as his dragon chuckled playfully. "Look out Arendelle, here comes...... The pride of Berk. " whispered Hiccup as he wiped of any remaining saliva from his shirt.