The Revelations

The sound of trumpets ringing in his ears, he craned his neck to see if he could spot the Queen. He had come here to pay his respects to the new queen so he might as well do it, he thought to himself. All of a sudden the dancing stopped as the the chubby man, whom Hiccup now understood was the royal Butler, announced to the room "Queen Elsa of Arendelle! " he guested to his right as Queen Elsa walked silently to the foot of the throne. As they all bowed down, hiccup heard him announce again. " Princess Anna of Arendelle! " Hiccup looked up to see the red head girl run in clumsily and wave awkwardly at the crowd. He waved back as he saw the Butler usher her forward towards her sister . Everyone greeted them curteously. As the crowd once again moved to dance, he heard someone whisper his name. "Psst! Hey Hic! The Queen's up in the front!" It was Rapunzel.She was gesturing towards the front of the room. Thanking her, hiccup took in a deep breath and moved forward against the crowd.

There she stood. Beautiful as ever. Her pale face looking over the crowd and hiccup could sense that she was holding back something. As he moved within a few feet of her , she dropped her gaze and looked at him and her rosy red lips curled as she gave him a small smile. "Ummm. ...Good evening... your majesty . " he stammered slightly." The kingdom of Berk would.ah. would like to congratulate you on becoming---the... new queen . " He finished. There. He had blown it. She nodded her head slightly and replied with a ' thank you'."And I didn't get you name ,sir." She said. "Oh. Ah. I am Prince Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III of Berk. " he replied . She giggled at his name. She was smiling. Should he go for it? Before he could argue with himself, he blurted out. " Would your majesty honour me with your first dance as queen? " He blushed as he saw the slightly startled look her face. " Thank you.... Only, I don't dance. " she said softly. He felt his spirit getting squashed. His feeling must have showed on his face as the queen asked him abruptly, " perhaps you would like me to show you around the palace?" He started blankly. Snapping out of it he replied," yes thank you, your gorgeousness." He only realised what he had blurted out when he saw her giggling. Slapping his palm onto his face , he apologized as they walked out of the ballroom and into the gardens. "No , it's quite alright. You are quite handsome yourself. " she replied before hurriedly looking away. Did she just flirt with them ? He could help but grin stupidly.

Looking up, he felt slightly confused as he saw shock written all over Elsa's face. " what's wrong , my queen?"he asked . Elsa, shaking, pointed at Hiccup's left foot. Hiccup looked at it and it dawned on him that it's not every day you see a prince with a prosthetic leg. Unless you are a viking. " Oh that? " He pointed at it. " That's just an old battle scar. Long story short. I ended up losing a leg." He told her, hoping it would calm her down. Apparently, it didn't.
"H-How... Where....W-Why?" She stammered. He felt a chill in the air around them
" Queen Elsa. Please calm down. I lost it a few years ago. " he said. " No one here has noticed it till now here. "
" Does it hurt?' She said as she calmed herself down." Sometimes... But not too badly..." he didn't like them dwelling on his past so much aired hurriedly changed the topic. " I believe you were showing me around?" He gestured towards the garden. " Yes. Shall we?" She replied as they walked down the stone paved stairs. To be honest, hiccup thought, he wasn't really interested in the garden. If he could spend more time with Elsa, he wasn't one to complain.

Sitting down on the bench, she asked him " so , Prince Haddock, tell me a bit about yourself."

"Well, there isn't much to tell really. I'm the crown prince of Berk and my father is the chief. I was born on a cold winter night. Berk is twelve days north of hopeless and a few degrees south of freezing to death... It's merely a figure of speech.." he added , seeing the confused look on her face." We mainly export fishes, timber, iron and platinum.we have charming views of the sunset and certain pests used to be and problem. " he told her. "What pests?If I may ask." She Inquired curiously. Should he tell her? Most people outside of Berk didn't believe they existed anyway. Mabye that information can be shared later. " you know, giant birds... vandalising our place. They're not much of an issue now because a viking showed us how to tame the creatures . " he partially lied. Elsa sat there, brows furrowed in thought and then lifted her head and asked " Tell me Hiccup. How did you know how to tame the beasts?" His eyes widened and he began to stutter. "ME..? Wha- What makes you think that? I..I was just a nuisance to my people .They used to pick on me . Ahhh the HORROR!" He finished dramatically. Elsa giggled at Hiccup's outburst." Calm down hiccup, I was merely joking. " Phew.dodged an arrow there, he thought to himself. " well that's all about me. Tell me about yourself Elsa.."