Troll patrol

Hiccup was used to surprises. During his years as peacekeeper between dragons and vikings he had seen many wondrous thing. Weird , yes but still wondrous.

But nothing could have prepared him for what he witnessed a few minutes ago. He thought that the biggest surprise of the night was that he had made the queen warm up to him even though he wasn't as elegant as she is but life managed to prove him wrong once again. The queen of Arendelle has Cyrogenic powers. And he thought being the dragon whisperer wasn't enough. Elsa was not evil. He was sure of that at least. He could see the fear in her eyes as she ran from the room. And she cared way too much about Anna to just decide to be a monster just because she possessed ice powers.

So the big question that lingered was: what to do now? He guessed that the people of Arendelle would be pretty confused and frightened right now . And who could blame them? They had just witnessed their brand new queen plunge her kingdom into eternal enter . But their fear paled in comparison tot the fear that was etched across Elsa's face in the ballroom. She was clearly more frightened of her powers than any of the onlookers.

Passing through the streets, he noticed that most of the people were not happy that the place was covered in snow. They had not prepared for a blizzard in the summer. For the first time he was glad that he was brought up on berk . His dragon gear was fit for such weather. His dragon gear! His dragon! That's it ! He could fly out on toothles to try and locate elsa and bring her back. As soon as he got this revelation he sprinted towards the docks where his ship was docked. He had to find elsa. She was probably out there somewhere, scared and alone. He thought about what toothless would think about this freezing turn of events. He woke up his dragon who stretched and yawned as hiccup strapped up his arm gauntlets. He felt relieved to have gotten out of those tight pants. " Wake up ya big useless reptile! We got work to do. !" Toothless groaned when hiccup mentioned the word' work' ." Awh. C'mon toothless you'll like this one I promise ya. Check and tell me when we get a clearing for liftoff", he told the captain as he tightened the saddle on toothless. The captain looked around as hiccup got on and slid his mask forward. He received the signal when no one was nearby and that was all toothless needed as he shot up with a big lurch and extended his long wings. He let his tongue flap around in happiness. After a few minutes , toothless finally got over the fact that he was in the air again, and hiccup steered him towards the castle . As they whipped past it, he could see that the people had gone in and had started warm fires to keep them warm. He was glad that he wore the mask as the icy cold wind managed to make his eyes water even through his iron reinforced gear. After a few minutes of flying they were over the city and were flying above the outskirt where he hoped elsa was. It was then that things began to go sour. He felt toothless's prosthetic tail fin get more and more rigid due to the icy cold precipitation making the fabric wet. It got more wet and started freezing until what he had dreaded happened. The buckle that was strapping the fabric together froze and broke, sending them plummeting. Toothless did his best to protect hiccup as he broke the fall by extending his wings and gliding forward. For a second hiccup was nowhere to be found and toothless frantically craned his neck around to try and find him until hiccup popped out of the snow cheering in enjoyment of the adrenaline. Annoyed, toothles tripped him with his tail. Hiccup got up, and after dusting himself off, realised the fact that now the tail fin was useless as the buckle needed to be replace. " remind me to build a water resistant material next time ,bud. " he mumbled as he furrowed his brows trying to think as to what to do next. Suddenly he felt something roll up to him and he looked around, not finding anyone there. " over here ,numbskull." He heard a croak from below. What he saw almost made him jump back. It was a troll. As he stared at him at it a smaller one rolled up to him and hit his prosthetic leg by mistake. Losing balance, he fell over face first in the cold, cushy snow."I've never seen this one before pa" said an even smaller troll. " spitting snow out of his mouth he said. " look. I'm new here . I just need directions. I'm trying to find the queen. " He looked around incredulously to their innocent Grinning faces. " what?" ." This new arrival has already aimed for the queen. Strong willed you are ,my boy. ", laughed the father troll. Hiccup felt himself blushing. " wha--- no . That's not why--- ah. Never mind. Just ...Please take care of my dragon till I get back could ya?" He said to which they nodded. " see ya later bud. I guess I have to do this alone. " he said as he stroked toothless's chin. He stomped off into the snow not knowing where to go and how to find the queen. "For the first time in forever , I  really think I'm  lost..", he hummed to himself before he chuckled and shook his head.