A Frozen Wonderland

"So..." Kristoff said, wanting to break the ice between the three of them, "what made the queen go all ice crazy?" Anna sighed as she glanced at hiccup and began recounting the events. " Oh, well it' s all my fault really. I got engaged but she freaked out because I, you know, had only just met him that day and then she said she wouldn't bless the marriage--" hiccup noticed the confused look on kristoff face."Wait a minute, you got engaged to someone you just met that day?" He questioned her, with a raised eyebrow. " Yeah.Anyway. I got mad and then she got mad.. and then I grabbed her glove and then she tried to walk away and--" . "Hang on... You mean to tell me you got engaged to someone you just met that day?!" Kristoff questioned her looking slightly troubled by this revelation. " Did she?! "He added to hiccup as he didn't fully believe her. Nodding his head ,hiccup grimaced. Anna continued obliviously. " Yes! Pay attention. The thing is, she wore the gloves all the time, so I just thought, mabye she has a thing about dirt--" . " DIDN'T YOUR PARENTS EVER WARN YOU ABOUT STRANGERS?!" Kristoff cut across her. Looking slightly suspicious, Anna shifted a bit away from him. Hiccup opened his mouth to talk but decided against it to just let them ramble on. " Yes. They did..... But Hans is not a stranger..." Kristoff looked at her with a smug expression. " Oh yeah? What's his last name? "Kristoff teased her. Hiccup raised an eyebrow, slightly amused. This should be interesting " Uh... of-the- southern-isles" . " best friend's name?" . " probably Jhon."." Eye color?" . "Dreamy "." Foot size?"." Foot size doesn't matter..." . After listening to them argue, hiccup realised how little she knew about her future husband and that this seemed a bit more like puppy love rather than romance. "Have you had a meal with him yet?What if you hate the way he eats? What if you hate the way he picks his nose?" He asked incredulously. " picks his nose?" She asked, turning and shooting both kristoff and hiccup disgusted looks. "--and eats it..." Kristoff finished with a victorious look in his eyes. " . " Excuse me sir, he is a prince." She said as she nudged hiccup to back her up. He merely shrugged. " All men do it ." Kristoff added. " Ewww!" Anna wailed shifting away from kristoff and hiccup. Hiccup had to punch his stomach to stifle his laughter at seeing these two bickering.
"It doesn't matter, its true love . And besides....What are you? Some sort of love expert?" Anna snapped at him.
"No, but I have friends who are." Kristoff responded smugly.

Anna narrowed her eyes. She turned to hiccup and said snobbishly. " He says he has friends who are love experts.... do you buy it? " Hiccup got up and stared around in the dark, completely ignoring her. Sven had come to a halt. " what're you-mmmh!" She complained as kristoff, having noticed something odd, just like hiccup, covered her mouth to shut her up. " Shh." He said as he picked up the lantern and waved it around, hoping to see something. Hiccup had really sharp eyes and ,Squinting, he could see four legged carnivores stalking them stealthily in the dark. " what is it? " Anna asked, having noticed the concern on the mens' face. " Wolves" said hiccup as he turned around. " GO . GO, GO SVEN! " Kristoff cried to the reindeer. As sven galloped, hiccup , in his element, said" Kristoff, you handle the reins . I'll hold them off. " . "What should I do?" Anna Piped up, eager to help. " . " Nothing. ". Hiccup rebuffed her. " why not?". " 'cause I don't trust your judgement." . " Yeah. Who marries a man she just met?" Piped up kristoff from behind. Looking offended, Anna defended herself. " IT'S TRUE LOVE!" she picked up kristoff's ukulele and swung it at hiccup who managed to dodge it just in time as she it hit a leaping wolf in the face. She smiled smugly at him. Out of nowhere, another wolf jumped up and grabbed kristoff of of the sleigh. As he slid along by holding on to a rope hanging from the sleigh, hiccup took the reigns and anna tried to help him back up. She lit up a few dirty rags and threw them off the sled and in the direction of kristoff. As he clambered up, he argued" you almost set me on fire!". " but I didnt" Anna replied, impressed with herself. Turning his head back , he heard sven moan as he looked ahead. His heart skipped a beat. They were moving towards a cliff and this time, there was no toothless to catch him . " Uhhh. Guys!" He heard Anna gasp as she leaned towards hiccup and said " get ready to jump sven!" . Annoyed, kristoff picked up his knife. " you don't tell him what to do.. I DO!" and with that he pushed hiccup out of the sleigh and onto svens back, threw anna at him , who grabbed him by the neck and he slit the reins of the sled as seven jumped. Craning his neck, hiccup could see that he was preparing to jump off the sled. This guy knows his business, he thought to himself. As they thumped on to the other side of the cliff, they rolled around in the snow due to impact as sven lost balance. As they got up , dusted themselves and stared at each other, they burst out laughing and hiccup lightly punched anna . As anna turned to thank kristoff, her expression turned to fear as the ice man was nowhere to be seen.

Fearing the worst, the two peaked down on the peak of the abyss and saw the man hanging onto the side of it. "Uh, guys, a little help, please!" Kristoff yelled as he stared down to see his now ruined sled. He groaned. "I just got it paid off." Hiccup quickly looked around and found the bag containing the axe and rope lying next to sven ( who worriedly looked around for his best friend) . He picked up the axe, tied the rope around it in a tight knot and around one of sven's horns for leverage. Having done so, he threw the pickaxe towards kristoff as he yelled " GRAB ON!" . Anna shuffled over , trying to help. " Pull , sven .Pull!" She told the reindeer. Together, they dragged kristoff off the cliff and into safety.

Anna walked over to Kristoff, who was lying in the snow motionless. Anna peaked over the cliff to see the sleigh catch fire. She let out a quiet "whoaw. ."

"I'm sorry about this. I will pay for your sled. And we understand if you don't wanna help us anymore." Anna spoke sadly as she stood up and walked away. Hiccup was about to follow her, when he heard the man start talking to himself. " well of course I don't wanna help those two anymore.." out of the corner of his eye, he could see him talk to his reindeer. "In fact, this whole thing has ruined me from helping anyone ever again." he said. That was understandable, but the next line was not.

"But they will die without you." Kristoff said on a high-pitched voice. Hiccup turned back to him and raised an eyebrow. What was that?

"I can live with that." Kristoff said to his reindeer. Then he turned his high-pitched voice back on.

"But you won't get your new sled if they're dead ." Hiccup knew what was it like to have strong bond with an animal, but this was too much, even for him. He wanted to leave the iceman with the split personality there, but it looked like 'Sven' was able to convince kristoff , and Kristoff obliged with a sigh. "Wait!" he yelled after them, making them stop in their tracks. "We're coming !" he declared, much to Hiccup's dismay and Anna's joy.

"You will? " Anna exclaimed in releif before she put up a false bravado. Grabbing hiccups arm she stood up straoght and said "Sure. We'll let you tag along." she smiled as Kristoff stood up , snickered and followed after them. Hiccup sighed. Just when he thought this night couldn't get anymore crazy, he now had to put up with a guy who has his own pet reindeer as another personality. What was next? A talking snowman? The young viking quickly shook his head. It was better not to tempt fate.