With you

Bailey's POV

Dear Mrs Payne,

I am writing to you to inform you about ways you can support your daughter through this difficult time. I am aware that she has aggressive lung cancer and from what her doctor has told me she doesn't have much time left. I have come up with some ways of what she can do to pass time and make the most of her life:

-Get her to make a '10 things to do before I die' list. It will mean she gets to experience all the things she wants to.

-Make sure she isn't alone to often, it could make her fall into depression. People with illnesses like Bailey can easily fall into depression but it is also easy to pull them back out of it if you try hard enough. If you want any information on this feel free to contact me again.

-Give her something to do while chemotherapy is administered. Being sat in the room will make her think about it more so distracting her is vital. Let her watch a movie or sit and have a gossip about something. Even do something artistic, anything to get her mind off of it.

-When the time comes get her to write a letter to anyone she cares about. It will help the person get through their mourning and will give them something to keep that was personal to them from her.

I hope Bailey lives for as long as possible and has a fulfilling life. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries, I am more than happy to help.

Yours Sincerely

Dr Warnford

As much as I hate to admit it this guy didn't have bad ideas. I was certainly going to the the ten things list and writing a letter to everyone was a great idea. As for the depression, well I guess we'll just have to see about that when we get to it. I quickly folded the letter back up and sealed the envelope. Good as new. I walked back into the kitchen and put a look on my face that looked like nothing had happened.

"What were you doing? Having a coffee? You took forever" Liam chuckled and took the post from me.

He flicked through it, taking a quick glance at me when he came across the letter from the hospital.

"Did you read this?" He asked, showing the letter to me.

"No, why would I, it's addressed to mum" I said as convincingly as I could.

It worked and Liam soon forgot about it. We spent the rest of the day just lounging about the house. I did some girly things with mum since I wouldn't be seeing her again for a while. We painted each others nails and she let me practise putting some makeup on her. I then spent two hours reading a book on my own while my mum gave the boys instructions on how to look after me. Liam used to look after me all the time when I was younger though I guess I didn't have cancer then.

"Bailey, you can come down now!" Mum called.

I threw my book across my room and quickly made my way down the stairs and into the living room where everyone was sat.

"I don't get why I couldn't have just sat here" I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Because you would have spent the whole time rolling your eyes at me and getting embarrassed" mum said.

"Embarrassed?" I asked curiously.

"I had to explain to the boys what to do if they ever had to bathe you. One of them also needs to check on your stomach slash chest every day to make sure it is okay" mum said making me blush and hide my face in my hands.