It's over, time to go

Bailey's POV

I was relieved to wake up to the sound of beeping. I wasn't dead yet. I sighed in relief and realised that there was a breathing tube around my nose and I was attached to so many machines with wires that it was uncomfortable. My breathing was wheezy and painful, I knew I wouldn't be able to go on for much longer. I looked beside me and saw Liam in a chair, his head hung low, his hands pressed together like he was praying.

"Liam?" I asked, my throat croaky and weak.

"Bailey" he said and leant over his chair towards my bed. "I haven't lost you yet"

He held onto my hands no kissed my forehead, tears not ceasing from flowing down his face.

"Has the doctor said anything?" I asked.

Liam looked at me sadly as the previous conversation raced through his mind.

Liam's POV

I stood at the foot of Bailey's bed, watching as her breathing steadily became make and more wheezy, I could tell she was in difficulty. A doctor walked into the room and gave me a sad look.

"Sir, I..." The doctor started to say.

"How long?" I cut him off with a simple question.

"I don't think she is going to make it through the night" the doctor sighed and walked over to me. "If she wakes up, make sure everyone gets to say goodbye, because if she goes back to sleep...she might not wake up again"

"Okay, thank you" I nodded and he left.

Oh Bailey, why couldn't I turn back time and spend time with you while I had the chance?

Bailey's POV

"He said he wishes you well" Liam smiled but I could tell he was lying.

"I'm not going to make it am I?" I sighed and looked up to the ceiling.

"He doesn't think so, no" Liam squeezed my hand and starter to stand up. "I'll send in the other boys, so they can...so they can say goodbye" he said and rushed out of the room before he started crying again.

My heart broke at how sad he was. I watched the door until someone approached it. Through the little glass bit in the door I could see Louis.

"Hey Bailey" he said softly and walked over to my bed, sitting down on the edge of it. "How're are you doing, can I get you anything?"

"Time" I said and he sighed, tears dripping from his face.

"I wish I could do that Bailey I really do, but we bring know that isn't possible" he said and leant over, kissing the top of my head and embracing me in a hug, I wrapped my arms around him as well. "I can't ever forget about you Bailey, you're one amazing kid and you'll be in my heart forever"

"Bye Louis" I cried and hugged him again.

"Bye Bailey, we'll be apart for a while, but I'll see you again" he pressed his cheek to the top of my head and we stayed like that for a while until we both knew that the other boys needed to say goodbye aswell. "I'll miss you so much darling, I love you"

"Bye, I love you to" I whispered and he walked over to the door.

He took one last look at me before opening the door and closing it behind him. Niall walked in next and sat in the same place as Louis.

"I can't believe this is goodbye" he sighed. "Just shows you how quickly things change, none of us were expecting it, you were fine this morning" he said and burst into tears.