Forgetting for a while

A/N- if you guys like these kind of One Direction fan fictions then I really suggest reading some of the books by hoodiegirl101010 because I think they are amazing! Hope you enjoy the chapter :)

Bailey's POV

I had been sat in the supply cupboard for about ten minutes when I received a message.

Bailes, please come back to the room. We're sorry we pushed you into telling us, we're just worried. Please come back and we'll forget about it for a while, forget about everything-including the cancer. Love you so much, Liam xx

I sighed and stood up, brushing my clothes off that had become covered in dust. I unlocked the door of the cupboard and walked out after checking that the coast was clear. Could have been a bit awkward trying to explain to someone why I was in there.

I walked down the hallways until I came across our room. Taking a deep breath I opened the door and noticed that only Liam and Harry were in the room. They looked up and smiled when I came in but didn't say anything. They seemed to be packing stuff into bags.

"Are we going somewhere?" I asked curiously.

"We, my dearest sister, are going to the beach" Liam smiled.

"Really?" I asked excitedly.

"No, it's a lie, I decided to get you all exited and then let you down" Liam said, sarcasm dripping from his every word.

I gave him a light shove but I couldn't help but laugh. Liam told me to pack for today, tonight and tomorrow because we were hiring a boat and staying on that for a night. I was wondering when the actual work of the tour was going to start but I was extremely happy about getting to go to the beach. I placed my duffel bag on the bed and packed my towel, bikini, pyjamas, a book and some sun cream into it. Niall suddenly ran into the room with a panicked look on his face.

"Guys, I can't find my sunglasses!" He said, starting to rummage through our draws.

"Niall" I said but he didn't hear me. "NIALL!" He whipped around to face me. "The sunglasses are on your face"

He turned a light shade of red and quickly removed the sunglasses. He left the room, claiming that he was just testing me. I don't see why I needed to be tested on how to help someone with their stupidity but there you go. Harry and I exchanged glances and raised our eyebrows before going back to what we were doing.

An hour later we had boarded the boat and were putting our belongings in the inside area. There were three rooms: one big bedroom with six bunks, a smaller bedroom for the captain and a tiny kitchen. There was also a miniature toilet but Louis said he didn't see the point in it when we were literally surrounded by a gigantic toilet ie the sea. Remind me to not go near Louis when we are swimming. I was walking out onto the deck when I bumped into Zayn.

"There you are, we're going onto the beach to get some ice cream, you want to come?" He asked.

"Yes please, let me just change" I noticed he was in his trunks so I quickly switched my outfit and put on my bikini with my short denim shorts over the top.

Because I had lost Liam's hat in the pool back at the hotel I searched around the boat, hoping that one of the boys had left one out. I finally came across one which I'm pretty sure was Zayn's and jogged off the boat. I spotted the boys walking along the beach towards a wooden cabana type thing. I ran towards them, launching myself onto Liam's back. He was quick to grab onto my legs and pushed me up slightly.

"You took your time" he laughed.

"Sorry, couldn't find a hat" I said, slightly out of breath which in my condition isn't the best thing.

"What about mine?" He asked.

"Oh yeah" I said nervously. "It might be at the bottom of the pool in the hotel"

"But that was my favourite hat" Liam said, sounding slightly cross.

"I'm really sorry Li, I'll buy you another one" I said quickly.

"I'm only joking Bailes, that hat was a freebie I got from an interview once" Liam laughed and place me onto the ground because we had arrived at the cabana. "Your so gullible"

"I'm not" I protested. "But do you know who is?"

Liam shook his head and I pointed to Niall who was innocently standing with his hands in his pockets, humming quietly to himself.

"Hey Niall, gullibles written on the ceiling" I said, making him look up.

"No it's not" he said then realisation hit him. "Your so mean to me"

"I'm sorry Niall" I hugged him tightly around the waist.

He hugged me back in a sort of 'your forgiven' way at first but then relaxed and hugged me properly. I know why he was, he just didn't want to say anything. The boys knew I wasn't going to be around for much longer, and they wanted to be able to communicate with me before I left. Wether that be talking or simply hugging.

We got our ice creams and headed back towards the boat when I spotted a sign advertising jet ski renting. I screamed and jumped up and down, almost dropping my ice cream in the process. Liam stumbled and clutched at his heart.

"God Bailey are you trying to give me a heart attack?" He asked.

"No, look" I pointed excitedly towards the sign.

"So what?" He asked.

"Can we please rent one. Pretty please" I used the puppy dog eyes which showed him how much I wanted to have a go.

"Fine, we'll get a couple and then we can all have a go" he said, going over to where a man was sat at a desk and taking orders.

"Why so desperate to have a go Bailey?" Louis asked.

I didn't want to tell him about the list. We were all having a good time and were forgetting about the cancer, I didn't want to make them all think about it again.

Once Liam had booked the jet skis the guy drove them over to the back section of the boat where there was open decking where smaller boats could moor up to it. The boys and I all put life jackets on and split into two groups of three. Liam, Niall and I were on one jet ski and Harry, Louis and Zayn were on the other.

We had a great time, spending hours on them until we realised we had missed lunch and it was time for dinner. The chef on the boat had cooked us steak and chips which we greedily tucked into. We sat out on the decking, looking up at the pitch black sky illuminated by the moon and stars.

"Pretty, isn't it" I said softly.

"Yeah. The boys and I once slept out on a trampoline under the stars" Liam said.

"Can we do that tonight?" I asked hopefully. If I was lucky I might get two things crossed off my list in one day.

"I don't know Bailes" Liam said unsurely. "It might get too cold for you"

"Then we can go inside and you can cuddle me" I said.

He still looked unsure but gave in as all the others wanted to do it as well. We grabbed sleeping bags from the boats storage cupboard and laid them out on the deck before climbing into them. I was in between Liam and Zayn. Liam out his arm around me and I snuggled into his side, he kissed the top of my head.

"I'll think of you every day Bailey, I promise" he said.

"I know you will. But Liam I'll always be there with you" I whispered.

Those were the last words I managed to get out before my breathing became wheezy and black dots covered my vision...