The final training session

Bailey's POV

On the sixth day after the dreadful hospital appointment I woke up and didn't move, just looked around the room. Liam was lying fast asleep beside me and I smiled at how relaxed and content he looked. I sighed and got out of the bed, immediately stumbling and having to clutch onto the bedside table. No, this couldn't be happening now.

I managed to get to the kitchen and decided to make Liam a cup of tea. It was our special thing. Whenever he came back from tour he would make us both a cup of tea and we would sit snuggled up on the sofa together and talk about what had happened while we were apart. Maybe Liam could do that when we saw each other again. Except it wouldn't be what had happened over a couple of months, it would be what had happened over a lifetime.

I poured the boiling water into the mugs and left them for a while with the tea bags before adding milk and sugar. I nodded in triumph and picked up the cups, only to drop them straight away. Hot tea splashed over the floor and I stepped away quickly.

"Bailey, what's happened babe?" Liam rushed into the room and sighed when he saw what I was trying to do. "I'll make us a cup yeah? You sit down"

I nodded, fighting hard to hold back the tears and walked over to the sofa. I slumped onto it, feeling completely useless.

Liam soon walked over with the steaming mugs in his hands and handed one to me which I took and luckily didn't drop.

"So do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked, taking a sip from his tea.

"I was just trying to make the tea" I mumbled. "I wanted to surprise you, I wanted us to talk like we suddenly to, before this stupid cancer"

"We could have done Bailey, but you should have come and asked me to help you" he said softly.

"But most eleven year old girls don't need help with making a cup of tea" I huffed.

"You're not like most eleven year old girls Bailey, and sometimes you need help with things and that's okay. It's so nice that you wanted to do it for me darling thankyou" he said and kissed the top of my head. "Are you going out with Paul for a training session today?"

"Yeah, he's coming round in about an hour or so. We woke up quite late" I chuckled.

"We did" Liam smiled. "And you're coming to the show tonight? I was wondering if you wanted to come up on the stage again, the fans always scream your name"

"Really?" I asked in shock, they actually did that?

"They do yeah, they loved that performance you did. And I know you won't be able to perform but you could say something to them" Liam suggested.

"I'd love that, only if you don't mind though" I said unsurely.

"I love having my little sister in stage with me" Liam chuckled and I smiled, feeling all warm inside.

Once we finished our tea and our chat I collected both our mugs and placed them next to the sink in the kitchen, luckily not dropping them. I waked into our room and got changed into my sports clothes. When I walked back into the living room the other boys were in there as well.

"Liam, your favourite sister has entered the room" I said and gracefully walked into the room.

"Ruth or Nicola is here?" Liam asked jokingly and looked around.

"Last time I call you my favourite brother" I said moodlily and sat on the arm of the sofa next to him.

"I'm your only brother"

"Nope, Niall's my new brother" I said and Niall turned around in the kitchen, laughing at Liam and I's arguement. "Niall will be a much better brother"