Zayn's letter

Zayn's POV

Harry was fidgeting a lot in his sleep and caused me to stir from my deep sleep. I had thought of Bailey a lot during the night, about how she wasn't with us anymore. It's weird, you sometimes try to think about what it would be like if someone you cared about suddenly wasn't there anymore. But you can't ever understand that feeling when they are really gone, and you know they are never coming back.

I shuffled around and felt a piece of paper against my face. I propped myself up on my elbow and looked down to my pillow curiously, noticing a letter sat there. My name was written neatly on the front and I recognised the handwriting from somewhere.

I got out of the bed and changed into some fresh clothes. After throwing on a black hoodie, a pair of black skinny jeans and a red t shirt I picked up the letter and headed out of the room. I looked across the living room and saw Liam still asleep on the sofa, he had a letter next to him as well.

I sighed sadly and heard faint sniffing coming from Liam's room. I walked quietly over to the door and opened it a fraction, noticing Louis sat on the bed with a letter in his hands.

"Are you okay?" I asked unsurely, stupid question really, he obviously wasn't okay.

"Yeah" he chuckled quietly. "I'm okay, not good, but I'm okay"

I nodded and smiled sympathetically at him.

"I'm just going out for a bit, I'll be back later" I said and headed back out the door.

Louis waved slightly before I shut the door. I made my way towards the front door of the hotel room and opened it, cringing as it made a loud creaking noise. I stood silently, waiting to see if anyone woke up. Luckily no one seemed to have awoken from the noise and I stepped out the door, shutting it behind me.

I headed to the local park. People would probably think I was stupid for going out with no security in broad daylight, but I couldn't give anything about all that right now. I just wanted to read the letter in peace.

I walked over to a large tree in a quiet corner of the park and sat leaning against it, brining the letter in front of me I opened it and started to read.

Dear Zayn,

Knowing you you will probably be reading this far away from everyone else, I'm guessing maybe the park? You haven't told anyone exactly where you are going, just that you are going out and you will be back later. Ah yes, I know you to well!.

Anyway, back to the point. I wrote a letter to you and the rest of the boys, but no one else. This is because I had already said goodbye to everyone else, when you weren't there. Because it was harder for you to accept that I was leaving, no matter what the doctor said, you didn't care, you just wanted me to stay. But sometimes we can't get what we want, no matter how extreme the circumstances. And unfortunately no amount of hope could save me.

It's getting harder now, even holding this pen is draining energy from me. There's not long now.

So this is goodbye, but a goodbye you can keep forever. Something to remind you of me?

Love you always, Zayn,

Bailey xx

I sighed, half sadly, half happily as I tucked the letter safely back into the envelope. I leant my head back and looked up through the tree to the blue sky. I knew Bailey was up there, somewhere, making sure that we were just fine.