Your Life Is A Dream. Mine Is A Nightmare.- Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Angered Waves

"Chesa Heart," Sapphire, my homeroom teacher called my name.

"Here," I said clearly. We were taking attendance. I sat in the musty wooden desk with Summer beside me and Claire in front of me. Each day my classes would alternate from dark to light, meaning I'd have to double up on homework and practically everything. Life sucks. Not only that, but whenever someone says my name or sees me, they stare or whisper amongst themselves as if I'm a ghost invisible to the eye. Little do these people know that, well, HELLO I'm standing right there and can hear every word that comes out of their mouth. Right when Sapphire called my name a chaotic twister of whispers rang about.

“Wow, Chesa,” Claire turned towards me, “Ever since this morning you've become a bigger topic than Paris Hilton's sex tape,” She smiled, obviously trying to clear the tension I had. I was definitely not used to being the center of attention.

I played along with Claire, “Oo, I like that shirt you have on. That's hot,” I imitated the celebrity.

“Ahaha!” Claire laughed, “I'm glad to see you're not overly shaken up,”

“Thanks for worrying, but I think I'll be fine,” I smiled. Now if only that were true. Ever since the assembly ended I've been consumed in the gossip buzzing around. “Don't you feel bad for Nicole?”, “I can't believe a newbie like her thinks she can waltz in like she owns the place.”, “I heard Chesa did all of that because she was jealous that Nicole had Chris.”, and “Poor Nicole.”. Everywhere I went rumors were flying, stabbing me in the back. However, there were some good things going around. “Wow, did you see that Chesa chick? She was amazing.”, “It's about time someone yelled at that stuck up girl Nicole.”, “Chesa is feisty. I would never have the guts to do what she did”, and “Can you believe how amazingly talented Chesa is?”. Though it seems like it all could balance out, that was an understatement. All the insults covered me, piling, while the compliments were like the little change a beggar would get for tap dancing without feet.

“Okay, class,” Sapphire finished taking attendance, “There are two homeroom classes in here. Since one of the teachers is out sick at the moment. In second period you guys will all see who'll be in your homeroom all year,”

“Yay,” The classroom said in a monotone voices, obviously not so thrilled. Though it's like a magically wacky school, it still counts as school.

“First things first,” Sapphire began, “we will test what powers you could possibly have. Many of the abilities we have consist of the four elements; water, earth, fire, and air. On the other hand there's also powers that consist of strength, intelligence, building, etc. We will section everyone off in the group or area of what they can do. For those who have a power that doesn't fit into the elemental categories will be placed in the miscellaneous group,”

“Wow this is legit,” Claire turned around and whispered.

“It seems very interesting,” Summer giggled, still thinking childishly like it was a game.

“More like a pain,” I rubbed my head, “All this is drifting too far away from reality,”

“Well its sort of like a magic show,” Summer pointed out, “It might use illusions and sparkles to distract us from our problems.” Claire and Summer both smirked at me. I flinched, slowly inching away from them.

“I have no problems,” I argued.

“Sure, because that explains all the rumors going around about how jealous you are of Nicole Anne Antique,” Claire fired at me.