Your Life Is A Dream. Mine Is A Nightmare. - Chapter 4

~Chapter 4~

Forgiving or Forgetting

I woke as the sun glimmered into my window. The clock read 8:00 in bright red numbers. I listened to see if anyone was awake. I stayed still listening closely, still listening, still listening, no one was awake. I got out of bed, yawned and stretched, and went over to Summer's room. Malaya followed behind, but I pointed towards my room ordering her to stay there and she sleepily obeyed. I slowly opened the lavender door which surprisingly didn't crack a single noise. The wallpaper of her room were dark purple and magenta stripes, the cabinets were painted white wood, her bed had a white wooden frame with a pink canopy and violet covers. In the bed lay restless Summer in her The Academy Is T-Shirt and green and black plaid pajama pants. She breathed deeply telling me she was fast asleep in the dreamlands. I went over to her not matching green closet door that stood out from everything in the room like a blond in a library and on the lime colored door was a Taylor Lautner poster. I looked through the mountain of clothes to finally find jean shorts and a blue t-shirt with a cute panda eating bamboo on it. I changed in my room, tip-toed down the stairs, and left a note on the kitchen island. I cautiously left out the door and jogged onto the side walk.

I jogged for a while searching for the familiar place. At first I believed that I stupidly went the wrong way when suddenly the scent of roses hit me. I turned my head to see the welcoming white house. I examined the place first hoping not to be intruding them. It looked quiet and still for there was no movement. I turned back, but from the corner of my eye I saw a slight movement coming from the top floor. I took the risk, jogged up to the porch, and slightly knocked on the door. No response.

"Oh well," I stepped back and looked up at the beautiful house and inhaled the sweet addicting scent of the roses. I thought of my mother for a while looking up at the pure blue sky with fluffy white clouds floating carefree. My protective yet slightly clumsy mother. Everything about her was nurturing. Her loving warm sweet smile, her inviting giggle, her welcoming hugs, her addicting chocolate chip cookies, her comforting words....

"Are you gonna stand there all day?" The voice jerked me back to reality. Standing at the door was a chuckling smirking Chris. He was leaning on the doorway in his plaid blue and white pajama pants and a white tank top. His hair was slightly sticking up in places, though it was messy it was kinda cute.

"Sorry did I wake you up?" I asked shyly. "And why are you laughing?" I placed my hands firmly on my hips.

"Man you have mood swings. Well Ms.Polite yes you did wake me up and Ms.Rude I'm laughing because you're just standing there looking up at my house and was just gazing for about five minutes,"

"Sorry,"

"Yeah Yeah," He walked down the porch and stood in front of me. "And might I ask why your jogging early in the morning like an old lady does,"

"Ha ha very funny. But for your information I have a lot on my mind and I'm definitely not an old lady!" he chuckled silently hiding it and I smiled. Suddenly my stomach grumbled loudly ruining the mood.

"You wanna come in and have some breakfast because I'm guessing you didn't eat a thing before coming out to visit me," he smirked obviously enjoying teasing a poor innocent girl who just dropped by to see a friend who deep down inside was the devil.

"Sure," I answered and slowly, but shyly trotted up the porch.

He swung out his hand and bowed saying, "Ladies first," He shot me a smile.

"Why thank you, gentleman," I curtsied. I slowly walked toward the kitchen hoping not to step on a squeaky board. Chris joined my and sweetly pulled out my chair and rushed to the sink. I sat down and he leaned staring at me. I looked over at him as he searched the refrigerator.