Your Life is a Dream. Mine is a Nightmare.-Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Duel Time

"What?!?!" Claire yelled shockingly, with a priceless face which practically screamed anger. It was seven in the morning, sun shining clearly with rays of light reflecting off of the many people cluttering into the lounge. The volume began to raise to the extremes as everyone continued chatting among themselves with loud conversations. Yet Claire's voice was somehow clamorous enough to be heard over the roar of the cranky, tired students as she spoke, "You and Nicole are having a duel today?"

"Yeah," I boredly said, stirring my hot chocolate with a milk chocolate covered spoon. The stirring spoon even had a cute bright red bow on the top. This school was seriously classy.

"That's bad!" Claire screamed at me, practically in my face, popping my imaginary private bubble space.

"How so?" I asked. Summer quietly nodded her head in agreement. She was shyly nibbling on a blueberry muffin like a little bunny rabbit. Summer was so innocent. I could tell that some of the guys here had a liking to that because half of the boys in the lounge were staring at her the whole time. I better keep a look out on these guys. I don't want my small friend getting taken advantage of now.

"Okay, you seriously should've read the school handbook!" Claire freaked out. I didn't even know the school had a handbook! We honestly just arrived here yesterday and the school's staff hadn't really told us anything, let alone inform us of a handbook.

"Who reads the handbook?" I asked, seriously bewildered. No one reads handbooks, rule books, or manuals. We just pitch them or use them to start a warm fire at a camp site. Which honestly works better than dry dead leaves.

"People who go to a school for special people!" She hissed, angered like a snake ready to attack at any time, striking at the poor animal which it preys on.

I looked at her, offended. "Are you trying to call me retarded or something?" She slapped her forehead, hard. I could see a bright red blob directly located smack in the middle of her forehead.

"People who come to this school have special gifts. Whether it's something small like an IQ of a million or just having a photographic memory. On the other hand, people have powers that can be used as weapons; being able to fly, become invisible, cry venomous tears, have super strength, or lighting fast reflexes for battle," She explained.

"Uh-huh. That's suppose to affect me how?" I dragged the conversation on and took a long sip of my hot chocolate. Powers? Really? Okay, this school is starting to seem all magical like Harry Potter.

"A duel isn't like a fist fight, it's using your powers either until the one is dead or the other person forfits,"

Hot cocoa flew out of my mouth like a waterfall. "WHAT?!" I screamed, "TO THE DEATH?!"

"Oh, shit," Claire ran to grab some paper towels, while I freaked out about the lava like drink burning my skin. I seriously hate things that are overly hot, but strangly enough I loved the summer and hated the winter. Summer was the time when you could relax and chill at the pool with friends or even better go to a water park! Water is essential to life and it's rather relaxing.

As we all quickly cleaned up the mess, Claire started nagging at me again. "Do you understand what kind of trouble you just got yourself into?!"

"Yes, I do, if you really must know," I said non-challantly as I threw away the napkins into the shiny gold trash can, which was bedazzled with pearls at the top and bottom rims.

"You challenged someone from the student council to a duel,"

"Yup," I headed to the sink to wash my hands. They had my favorite kind of soap. The foam kind with an apple cinnamon scent.