Your Life Is A Dream. Mine Is A Nightmare. - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Who's That Girl"

Jared and I carefully crept through the rough grassy field, dodging boulders, rocks, and trees. When suddenly I tripped, but Jared managed to help me by gripping my wrist before I hit the ground. It wasn't the best kind of save, but it was better than me falling flat on my face.

"That was a close one," Jared sighed, pulling me up.

"I have no idea what I tripped on," I said as I slowly felt the ground, searching for whatever tripped me because that definitely didn't feel like a rock. Last time I checked rocks don't make a loud clank noise when you trip on them. Suddenly I felt a loop or hoop of some kind. "Jared, can you step to the side?"

"Uh, sure," Jared obediently stepped to the side. I pulled the loop and yanked a small door open.

"It's a secret passageway," I whispered. I stared into the creepy dark path.

"Good thing I brought a flashlight," Jared yanked out a flashlight shaped like a lantern. He flicked the switch as we slowly went down the dusty stairs to the path. To the side there was glowing inscriptions on the wall. I blew the dust away from it and touched.

"Those who come this way will find the direction their heart needs. But only in the dark of the night. With the help of trust and guidance they'll make it

through to the place their hearts chose," I recited the words.

"You can read it?" Jared asked.

"Yeah," Then it hit me, "Wait you can't?"

He shook his head, "Nope looks like the fancy way the Chinese write it."

"It's a clue though on how we can get there," I thought about it in my head over and over again, trying to solve the riddle. "Maybe if we try this," I reached over to Jared's flashlight and turned it off. Suddenly more writings appeared on the walls, glowing in various colors. "Jared, stay close," We were next to each other as I read the different riddles.

"First riddle; The left is the place of learning with a set. The right is a place where it's cold and wet." I read.

"Learning is the school and the cold and wet is probably like the lake or something," Jared answered. We went to the left.

"Second riddle; The left is the place of nightmares and ghouls. The right is a place of where you get all the right tools," I recited.

"Right we go!" Jared announced.

"Third Riddle; The right is where you learn more about yourself. The left is were anything can melt,"

"To left, to left, everything you own in the box to the left!" Jared sang.

"Fourth Riddle; The right is a place were all secrets aren't told. The left is a place were there are glories and gifts you can behold,"

"To the left!" He was walking that way when I gripped his arm.

"Don't be ridiculous! It's the right! This school never tells their secrets or anything about them!" I yanked him to the right.

"These riddles are easy peasy!" Jared relaxed by putting his hands behind his head.

"They're only easy because I can somehow read them. If I wasn't her you'd be dead," I explained.

Jared gulped loudly and said, "I guess that's true,"

The riddles went on and on when we finally reached a door. Suddenly I heard merry laughter, noisy talking, and loud chatting. We slowly creaked open