CH 10

"What's he doing here?" Zayn asked indignant as Harry walked beside me to where Liam's SUV was waiting. "What are you doing here?" Liam shot back and put Zayn in his place. "Happy to see you again, Harry; I kept seeing you in the halls sorry I couldn't stop and chat" Liam said offering his hand to Harry to shake. Niall looked at Harry "I'm not sharing any of my food with you" he said before smiling.

"So are we going or not?" Zayn said, obviously unhappy Harry was there but not saying anything else on the subject. "Harry needs shorts so can we swing by my house? I also might as well pick up my car" I said. Liam nodded "That's not a bad idea; Zayn, Niall and I can go get some food and maybe some wood for a bonfire".

"This is your house?" Harry said, standing in the entryway and looking around; I closed the door behind him. "Yeah, you want something to drink?" I said grabbing some orange juice from the fridge and two glasses.

Harry took one and took a sip before looking at the glass in his hand "Is this crystal? Too fancy for regular glass?" I chuckled "I'm very clumsy at times, I'm always dropping these things" I said before pulling out another glass and letting it fall to the floor where it bounced around harmlessly. Harry laughed and ran his finger over the rim of the glass, creating a slight ringing sound.

I placed my empty glass in the sink "C'mon my room is upstairs" I said jerking my head in the direction of the staircase. "Wow" Harry said as I opened my door and stepped inside. "What?" I asked. Harry cleared his throat "You have a very large computer screen; it's nearly as big as my television at home" Harry said nodding towards my computer.

I dug round my closet as Harry sat on my bed. "Here" I said getting up and holding a couple of pairs of shorts "You're a little taller than I am but they should work well enough; my bathroom is right there is you want to get changed".

"Yeah?" I answered my phone as I saw Liam was calling. "Hey we're on our way to the beach, you can meet us there right?" he asked. "Yeah no problem, do I need to bring anything?" I asked while I changed quickly in my room since Harry was in my bathroom; holding my cellphone with my cheek and my shoulder. Liam chuckled "Nah mate we're good, both Niall and I have cars full of food and Zayn is with Niall to make sure he doesn't eat all of it on the road, see you there". I hung up, an hour alone on the road with Harry in my car; there are worse fates.

-

"So then I spilled sweet cream all over my nanny's shirt and that was the last time I ever had one; we have a cleaning lady that goes to the house every day to clean up, but she goes in when I'm at school, I have a reputation it seems" I finished my story and Harry was literally wiping tears from his eyes "You're terrible" he gasped out. "If you think that's bad you don't know me very well" I said, laughing from Harry infectious laugh.

"Do you think we'll change that?" Harry said after he calmed down "I would like to get to know you better Louis". "I hope so Harry" I said without thinking and immediately regretted it; Harry gave me his dimpled smile and I turned on the radio at a high volume that would make conversation awkward on purpose. "Don't shut me out, please" Harry said in a quiet voice.

I turned off the radio "Let's get one thing clear OK Harry; I don't know what you think this is, but nothing is going to happen OK". Harry looked out the window "You're talking about my notebook". "I am in fact straight" I said before turning the radio back on.

"Guys you finally made it!" Niall said as we arrived at the beach; he taking out chairs from the back of his car. "So, little change of plans; we ran into this group of people from the university so we decided to hang with them" Niall explained as I looked out to the large group of people where Liam and Zayn where sitting. "Cool, it'll be fun right Harry?" I asked as Niall walked away, carrying the chairs.

"Look Harry if you don't want to be here I'll take you home" I said turning to him "Or we can go somewhere else". "Stop it Louis" Harry said suddenly shouting, causing me to take a step back "I'm getting whiplash from your mood swings" he said before he stomped off.

I followed Harry to a closed snack stand further down the beach, where he sat with his head in his hands. "What do you want from me Louis?" Harry asked quietly, not raising his head to look at me "In the car you practically tell me to leave you alone, and now you're saying that the two of us can somewhere else if I don't like it here?"

I stood there not knowing what to say. Harry continued "I like you, you know I do; you saw my notebook and I know you're not an idiot" Harry finally raised his head to look at me and I turned away from him. "No Louis, look at me" Harry said standing up and forcing me to turn by pulling on my shoulder "I want a straight answer for once, what is going on?"

I finally lost my patience "You think this is easy for me?! You think I asked for any of this?!" I said as I motioned between us and then pointed to where Zayn and the others were further down the beach but out of sight. "I never asked for 1D to exist, for me to become as popular as I am; but that's the hand I was dealt Harry, and I was trying to make it work!"

Harry shouted "So what, just because your life sucks you have to make everyone else's suck just as bad!? I've seen your crew bully people, you have the power to stop it and you just sit there and watch!" I shouted back "Everything I do is looked at and criticized by everybody!" Harry opened his mouth slightly to say something but I cut him off by pressing my lips against his.