CH 28

I drove down the streets of London, not even thinking of where I was going; my head was running wild though. I had enough money in my personal accounts to buy a plane ticket anywhere; my parents would probably cut me off once they realized I ran away but they wouldn't know for several days since they never knew anything that was going on in my life, if it wasn't for the money deposits in my bank accounts twice a month I would have thought they completely forgot about me. I've always want to go to Italy or America, Spain was beautiful I heard and the Japanese had great food.

As I stopped to fill up my bike on fuel, I felt like because Zayn knew my secret, everyone knew my secret; I avoided making eye contact with anyone and nearly burned rubber in my haste to leave. I sighed as I drove past my house for about the third time; I was scared to stay home alone like I usually did, in case Zayn decided to do anything crazy. Zayn wasn't violent but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't do something else, like spray paint "Queer" on the front of the house or steal my bike or car. Feeling trapped and utterly alone, I went to the only safe place where he couldn't find me.

"LouLou, what are you doing here? Did you like my picture that much? ...Louis? Are you alright?" Harry asked as he opened his door. I collapsed into Harry's arms and sobbed, feeling the tidal wave of fear wash over me again; I tried to explain what happened but I was stuttering, crying and hiccupping so much I knew, even in my slightly drunken state, that I wasn't making any sense.

Harry rubbed my back and listened to my half coherent blubbering, when I finally finished he said in a soft, calm voice "You smell like cigarettes and alcohol; why don't you take a shower and we'll go to bed, it's nearly midnight." I nodded and let Harry guide me to his bathroom "You're lucky my mom is working late tonight and my sister Gemma is at her boyfriend's house" Harry said as he turned on the water for me.

I laid in Harry's bed after my shower, borrowing some of his clothes which were big for me. As soon as he climbed into his bed I cuddled up right next to him, just to listen to the comforting rhythm of his heartbeat; since I was a little calmer I retold the entire story. Harry was a great listener, he didn't interrupt once; the only reaction he had was that by the end of my story he was hugging me tighter. "I don't know what to do" I mumbled into his neck after burying my face into it.

"Lou why don't we just go to sleep and tomorrow we'll talk about it ok?" Harry. I propped myself on one of my elbows to look at Harry "Let's run away, together; we'll start a new life somewhere else! How do you feel about Berlin?"

"Lou, you're panicking" Harry said, pushing the side of my head and guiding me back down to his chest "Let's just take a few deep breaths ok?" Following Harry's instructions I took several deep, cleansing breaths and listening to his heartbeat that was drowning out all other sounds.

I was actually surprised when I slowly opened my eyes and was staring at Harry's evenly rising and falling bare chest. I was completely wrapped up in Harry's arms with me facing into his chest and him, i could feel Harry's chin on the top of my head and our legs were completely tangled with one another's. I actually felt safe like this, like Zayn and the truth wouldn't be able to get past the protection of Harry's arms; I cuddled closer into Harry and closed my eyes again.

Harry's POV

I woke up and stretched my arms, as they fell on the empty mattress I looked over to where Louis slept and instead found a folded up piece of paper "Thanks for everything Harry, you looked like an angel asleep so I didn't want to wake you. I went back home to try to figure some stuff out. Yours sincerely, Louis" I folded the paper back up before going to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready to I could take the bus to Louis's house; I didn't want him to be alone, I was really worried about him.

As I got out the shower I noticed a black square behind the sink; picking it up it was an iPhone with a cracked screen; it must have been Louis's. I stared at the phone in my hand before getting an idea.

"Hey Louis, what's shakin?" the voice on the other end of the line said. "Liam, it's actually Harry" I said. "Harry? As in Harry Styles? Why do you have Tommo's phone?" he asked, understandably confused. "He left it here last night when he was drunk" before he could say anything I said "Listen, I need to talk to you...can we meet somewhere?" "I was just about to grab some breakfast, where do you live? I'll go pick you up in my car" he said.