CH 31

Sunday went by uneventfully, I worked for most of the day and unfortunately Louis cancelled on me since he couldn't wiggle out of a double date that Zayn suddenly planned for him, Eleanor and Perrie.

Monday morning I got a text from Louis as I was eating breakfast "Hey Hazza, Zayn's motorbike won't start so I'm taking him to school, which means I can't go get you, sorry".  I stared at my phone, it seemed that Zayn was determined to "protect" his friend. "It's alright" I replied and rushed around the house so I could catch the bus on time.

I sighed as my bus was literally leaving the bus stop as I arrived; I would be late to school today since the next bus didn't come for twenty minutes and I would arrive at school in the middle of my first class.  Goddammit Zayn. 

I sat down in my seat next to Louis as the music teacher, Ms. Hellen, was berating me for being late, going on about her disappointment in me. "Are you ok?" Louis asked in a whisper. I nodded "I just missed the bus this morning". "Sorry about that, Zayn gave me such short notice and I texted you as soon as I found out. Great news Harry, Zayn didn't mention Friday night at all, I think he was too drunk to remember!" Louis said with a large smile.

"That's great news" I said, trying to smile; Louis took out a small box from his bag "I got you a little something yesterday". I opened the box, inside was a braided leather headband studded, with fake flowers. "Thank you" I said with a large smile, stopping myself from kissing him  "It's the best gift I've ever gotten". I put it on my my head and ignored the looks my classmates and Ms Hellen was giving me.

"You want to go to under the stairs for a bit?" Louis whispered as our first class ended but Zayn walked up to us "Hey Louis I need your help" he said, he flashed me a smiled since officially Zayn and I were still "friends".

"Zayn can we do it a little later?' Louis asked, sounding slightly frustrated, "Sorry Louis it's important" Louis sighed and nodded to me "I'll see you later". As both of them walked away Zayn looked over his shoulder and mouthed at me "This is your last warning". "Harry what the hell is on your head" Niall said appearing at my side. "It was a gift from Louis" I explained in a whisper since we were in the crowded corridor. Niall chuckled and shook his head but made no further comment.

-

Zayn literally kept Louis away from me all day, distracting him when I tried to talk to him and always trying to get him away from me; at the end of the day I saw Zayn waiting at the front entrance of the school. I had to stay half an hour later since I was having trouble in my biology class, did he really wait for me all this time?

"Harry, do you remember our conversation on Saturday?" he asked as I passed him "About staying away from Louis?" I didn't answer I just looked at him, so he went on "It's nothing personal Harry; if you were straight I'd actually like you...but you're messing with Louis's life and that's not ok".

"What do you mean it's not personal? What did you do?" I asked. Zayn sighed "I made a phone call, I'll see you tomorrow...maybe" he said before walking away and getting on his motorbike that was sitting alone in the parking lot.

I sat at the bus stop waiting for my bus when I saw my mom's car pull up "Get in little brother" Gemma said, rolling down the window. "You're giving me a ride home? Why?" I asked as I buckled my seat-belt "I don't know, I came home and mom was already home; she told me to come get you". "Mom was home before you were? Mom usually gets home after you and I do since she works to much" I said, confused. Gemma nodded but didn't say anything.

I walked into my house and I knew immediately something was wrong; mom was sitting at the kitchen table with a glass of wine. Mom never ever drank. "Hi mom" I said, putting down my backpack on the couch, mom looked at us "Please, sit down" she said to me and my sister.

Gemma and I sat and mom sighed "I got fired from my job today; I don't even know why". Zayn you arsehole I thought to myself as my mom went on "You both know why we moved to London, Harry was given a great opportunity to go to school at the Academy, one of the top schools in Europe...but even with his scholarship, living here isn't cheap...we can't pay the bills on just your jobs...I feel like a failure as a parent; my son was given this great opportunity and somehow I blew it" Mom said before taking a sip of wine.

Mom sighed "So we're going back home to Holmes Chapel tomorrow; I called my old boss and she agreed to hire me back on Wednesday. I'm sorry Harry, I know this is a great school and you're getting good grades but we just can't afford it".

Gemma only shrugged "Ok mom, I was getting tired of David anyway" mom looked at me "Harry are you ok? I know you must be upset" but I wasn't listening, I wouldn't see Louis again. "Mom...is there anyway I could say in London? Anyway at all?" I begged. "Harry we just can't afford to live here, I'm sorry honey; tomorrow movers are going to come so you're not going to go to school tomorrow since you need to pack ok?"