She Will Be Loved- chp 4

Chapter 4

Jayden walked unto the stage with the body right behind him. I had actually missed seeing some of their faces. I couldn't have missed Sydney or Seth because they came by almost everyday for the summer but seeing Erin face was actually refreshing. Weird . . .

"Welcome back to another school year!" Jayden said, sounding all psyched. he managed to get everyone pumped. They all got up and started cheering. "Right so this year as you all know will be my last year." Alot of 'aww's could be heard. "Yes, I know but hey, we are going to make it the best year ever!" They all began cheering again. He definitely wouldn't have any problem winning again. I couldn't help but smile; he seemed to enjoy his leadership. 

We got through the energy packed assembly then were instructed to get to our homerooms where we would receive our schedules. 

Yup, as I thought, the feeling wore off. I walked to homeroom with Jonie and we talked about exactly what we would have to do to keep an eye on the two. I nearly dropped dead when I saw Shyla and Destiny chatting in their seats as we entered.

"Keep yourself composed." Jonie whispered discreetly. "This is an opportunity to keep a close eye on them and I will be able to get more info on them. It's fine."

I sighed. Leave it to her to see potential for gathering data in every situation.

"Oh hey you two, come sit next to us." Shyla said when she saw us enter.

"Smile Kai." Jonie threatened before putting on her own smile and walking over to them. I put on a smile too and followed. I took the seat next to Jonie and caught both of them giving me a certainlook that made me uncomfortable.

"So, Jayden seems really pyshced about this year." Shyla said casually.

"Yeah, he expects to win and by lunch I should be able to tell just how likely that is." Jonie said now going into deep thought. It amazed me that she never seemed to pay attention in class yet she was acing all her subjects. She was good.

"So how do you do that whole data collection thing of yours?" Destiny asked. Jonie flashed her a wary glance

"No don't take offence to it or anything, "Shyla said, "Destiny was the Data Carrier at our old school so she just wanted to know if your methods were similar." I saw the exact moment that the look crawled unto Jonie face. She wasn't intrigued by the thought of another Data Carrier, though she was making a mental note of it, she was threatened. You could never particularly tell either because she put on this look that said, 'Really? Tell me more.' I knew that she would definitely be diggingalot deeper now.

"That is interesting." Jonie lied. "Were you self proclaimed or was it conclusive?"

"Well it was alittle of both. There was this other DC there when I got there but I quickly took over and soon she couldn't keep up. The whole school new who to turn to for info and so I decided I would be the new DC."

A dark look took over Jonie's face. "You snatched the position from someone else?"

"Yeah but it was no big deal, I was obviously better and I'm sure she found another hobby--" She shouldn't have said that. Jonie flared up.

"Data Carrying is not a hobby; it's a way of life!"

"Oh . . .you have the same philosophy as that other girl. . .no offence but this should be easy."

Jonie's finger twitched. I would have shouted something random to distract her but she hated being side tracked so I kept my mouth shut. The conversation also died there. I didn't know what to say; I begged Jonie not to speak and the girls were busy listening to our homeroom teacher who had walked in and began laying down the rules and stuff. As the teacher spoke Jonie rocked back and forth in her chair. She was listening, I know that much but she was also running through everything in her mind.