She Will Be Loved- Chp 18

REALLY SORRY FOR THE WAIT GUYS, i'VE BEEN EXTREMELY BUSY BUT HERE IT IS >.<

Chapter 18

“Uh yeah…sure thing—just uh a little later okay?” I said carefully. I was really wanted to know what might have been bothering him but then I had to go and remember Jayden telling me to give him some time before I went bombarding him with questions. This way worked out better anyway because he was the one who came to me. All I had to do was play it cool then there would be no way that it would be my fault.

Still…he looked pretty disappointed when I gave him that answer. Boy something must really have been wrong with him. “Oh…okay…” Then left, closing the door behind him.

I sighed then turned my attention back to Tara.

“Why did you just tell him that?” She asked as if my actions were unbelievable or something.

“Well I’m giving him some time to cool of first….”

“Are you joking? He wouldn’t have come looking for you if he wasn’t ‘cooled off’.” Hm…she had a point there.

“You know, you’re right. For all we know he probably really needs me right now; screw Jayden, I’m going to go help my brother.” I said, bouncing from the bed. Emi stirred just a little but she didn’t wake up. “Thanks Tara, it was nice talking to you. You should get some rest.” Then I left the room and headed for Emi’s. I placed her on her bed, tucked her in then gave her a kiss. I lingered at the door for just a bit more. Something might have been wrong with her and I was worried. She didn’t usually wake up crying and looking for me so why the sudden change? I would have to ask her teacher if everything was alright at school. Nothing had changed at home so whatever had happened most have happened there.

Hardly able to pace myself I hurried to Matt’s room. The door was open just slightly and I could hear him talking over the phone.

“What…? Yeah I told you, I couldn’t come to your house because I had to babysit my niece….what? Dylan you’re being ridiculous…” He sounded like he was getting annoyed. I stopped at the door to listen. Dylan hardly ever called by the house, but when I saw her at school she looked enchanted by ever and anything that Matt did or said. At first I thought she made have been ill or something but then Jayden sat me down and we had a nice talk about that. If you asked me she was going about it all wrong. She was playing she was playing the nice, sweet and safe girl bestfriend—exactly the wrong way to get Matt’s attention. Let’s face it; my brother was an oblivious jar head at times. But wait….babysitting his niece…? I hadn’t asked him to watch Emi—

I sighed as I realized what he was doing.

I saw him roll his eyes then slam the phone down on the bed. A couple seconds later my phone started ringing. I answered it cautiously. “Hello?”

“Kai? Hi this is Dylan, I was just wondering if you got back from the movies yet.”

“Movies?” I asked, not understanding what she was talking about. “What movies?” When Matt heard that he ran to the door and started giving me a pleading look. I raised an eyebrow at him. What the hell was going on?

“I knew it!” She said. I heard the phone shift but I stopped her.

“Dylan is something wrong?” I asked, feigning ignorance.

“It’s nothing. It’s just that Matt had told me that he couldn’t come over to study because he had to watch his niece while you and Jayden went to the movies.” I glared at Matt but the look stayed on his face. I rolled my eyes.

“Oh…no it was sold out so Jayden and I went to grab some pizza instead,” I chuckled in spite of myself. “I guess we never noticed how fast time was flying. I’m sorry I didn’t know he was supposed to have come studying or we would have found someone else.”