She Will Be Loved- Chp 11

Chapter 11

“See Jayden, I told you that we wouldn’t all fit.” Matt complained when we got to the car and tried to sort out the whole seating arrangement. I really didn’t care about how everyone was seated because I knew that I had my seat at the front and Jayden had promised me that no one would have ever been able to take it from me. It actually felt nice knowing that I had something that was simply mine and in some way I was beaming.

“Matt I swear that if you can’t figure it out you’re walking home.” Jayden said, giving him that look he had when something was so obvious that he refused to believe that others couldn’t see it as well.

Matt began to sulk.

“You can always sit in my lap Matt.” Shyla offered. Matt scowled at her and I couldn’t help but cringed at her offer. I didn’t want her touching my brother.

“Okay you know what, you guys have another minute to sort it out before I simply drive off and leave you all wondering.” By ‘you all’ Jayden meant everyone that needed to sit in the back seat. He wasn’t very keen on waiting, especially when it was because of idiocy. When Jonie heard that she pulled Matt into the car then shut the door.

“Drive.” She said matter of factly.

Jayden turned and looked at her with a look of annoyance that didn’t seem to deter her from her actions in any way. When he realized that she wasn’t budging he reached around and threw open the door. Both Shyla and Destiny stood staring in at us. Jayden sighed.

“Can you two get in quickly?” He didn’t snap at them but he sounded awfully close to snapping overall. The two rush in, forcing Matt right unto Jonie and Jonie pressed against the door. She sighed in her own annoyance and Matt quickly found himself squeezing against Shyla instead. “Right so are we all good now?” He asked.

“No.” Jonie replied, glaring up at him.

“Good.” His tone held no sign that he actually cared. He started the car and pulled out of the school’s parking lot. No one was really talking until we hit the main road.

“Man that bombing today was really scary.” Shyla said, sounding like some poor, defenceless damsel. I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. It was not that scary and it got everyone the opportunity to leave early yet she was going to make Jayden all upset with Jonie again. She should have taken the bus. The sentence hung in the air without a comment for a while before she decided to add a bit more. “I mean I don’t know about anyone else but I was freaking out—I swear I nearly fainted. I have never witnessed anything like that before in my life and you know I was hoping that you would have all been okay because it would have been awful if something bad had happened to any of you guys—“

“Okay can you stop talking now? It’s obvious by the lack of response that nobody feels the same way so stop annoying me with you voice and your whining—“

“Jonie, can you stop talking?” Jayden asked. “Can you stop annoying me with your voice and your whining?”

“Jayden.” I whispered. He glanced over at me before turning his attention back to the road and mumbling an apology. We drove on a bit further with a thick air of silence.  Guess no one wanted to risk being told to shut up.

“It’s still pretty early but if you want we can swing by Emi’s school and wait for her, I mean if you don’t want to make two trips.” His tone told me that he was ignoring everyone in the back and I actually didn’t mind that. It made me feel like I was the only thing that matter to him at the moment.

I shook my head thoughtfully. “No . . . drop them home first, they must be uncomfortable squeezing like that.”

“What? No, of course we’re not.” Shyla interjected. “Where did you guys say you were going? I bet it’s not far so it shouldn’t be a problem.”