She Will Be Loved- Chp 15

Chapter 15

“Inseparable?” I barely managed to choke that word out. Before there was me there was her . . . When I asked him about her he wouldn’t tell me anything but why . . . ? what if he still had feelings for her and he just didn’t want me knowing . . . ?

“Whoa, slow your roll there Kai,” Jonie said, dragging me from my thoughts, “Cyn is dead, make no mistake about that. There’s no way she could interfere with you and Jayden’s relationship so stop with that worried look you’re wearing, will you.”

When she said that I felt the blood rush to my face; I really hated the thought of being the worried, jealous girlfriend . . .

“Right, so moving on to other things,” jumping up suddenly and in quite a hyper mood; she was more than likely mask it all again but I couldn’t let her just yet. I needed to know a bit more . . . but then . . . could I really push her . . .? I saw what happened when I touched Cynthia’s photo and something told me that it would have been worse if she had to relive the actual ordeal. As I stood deliberating about it I watched her move about her room busily snatching files from their shelves or little compartments hidden away. She reminded  me of me whenever I wanted to forget something and that strengthened my decision to just drop it for a while but somehow I couldn’t. whenever she got brought into a conversation it was usually them blaming each other for whatever it was that happened to her. What had they done . . . ? was it even really that bad . . . ? “Your face tells me that you haven’t dropped it so what else do you want to know?” She said, plopping unto her bed once more. I couldn’t even pretend to be shocked; she was Jonie and it was only natural that she pick up on things like that quite easily.

I sighed. “How did she die?”

She nodded sombrely. I guess she had been expecting that question sooner or later. “That day was never supposed to happen . . .”

---Flashback starts---

“Jayden you’re on in half an hour why aren’t you getting ready?” Cyn blew up when she and I walked in on Jayden and Seth relaxing in a n empty classroom. Today would be the last day of campaigning before the elections for student body president and Jayden was hoping that he would actually win this year. Sometimes I never saw the point in him running because he only ever got three or four votes . . . if I were him I would have taken the hint but knowing my cousin he would have been able to take such a hint sitting down. . . especially since Cyn had kept filling his head with stuff about him needing to become Student Body President before we all graduated. It’ actually quite funny because at the moment there was an active bet on whether or not he could pull it off and I think his ego finally got to him; he didn’t look like he planned to lose to her . . . . again . . .

He gave her a dismissive wave of his hand. “Relax, I’ve got this thing covered,”

“Do you now?”

We all turned and saw Ciara standing directly behind us. Seeing her appear so suddenly sent shivers down my spine; how did they all manage to move around without being noticed. I mean no doubt Cyn must have known she was standing there but what about people like me? Jeez was she trying to give me a heart attack or something?

Cyn took a deep breath before turning to look at her. “Can you please get out of here? See? I even said please this time now leave.”

Cyn never particularly liked her because even though she was a new student she decided she would make a name for herself and to do that she decided that she would be the new DC. When Cyn told me I didn’t see the big deal but to her it was a pretty big deal so I never brought it up very often. Why would anyone even want to be a DC was beyond me because it required too much diligence and other things that I was sure I didn’t have.