She Will Be Loved- chp 5

Chapter 5

“Here’s the layout of the student responses you asked for.” Jonie said throwing down a stack of papers before Jayden on the kitchen counter. She was in a sore mood that wouldn’t let up. Jayden pretended that he didn’t recognize her irritable mood and picked them up. A smile lit his face immediately. I walked over to him and confirmed my suspicion; he had 87% of the total population on his side. I also knew that he wasn’t satisfied, knowing Jayden only a 120% was good enough. This was only the beginning.

“Who fall into the 13%?” He asked after his pleasure had died.

Jonie walked over to him and flipped a few pages down. “Of that 13% 67% of them fall in the freshmen category and the others are the usual. If ignored you can still take the school into your control again.”

“Jonie you know I don’t like seeing anyone being left behind in the Jayden for a better world campaign.” He had to be joking. I looked down at him with an eyebrow raised. When exactly had he created something like that? “It’s a work in progress.” He said with a wink and that smile of his that allowed him to get his way most of the time. I rolled my eyes trying my hardest not to smile.

“Hey Jayden a couple guys were wondering if you would hang with us at lunch and I kinda told them that you would.” Matt said walking into the kitchen.  “Now before you get all mad, they were saying how cool you were and then some of the girls were saying how cute you were so I kinda told them that I knew you and we were close—dude you should have seen it they were all over me after that! Come on man you have to, please?” Matt begged; he was literally on his knees. I pulled him up quickly as I watched Jayden’s head slowly begin to expand. Nothing like a good ego boost before bed, right? Jayden looked to Jonie.

“Half the student’s he’s talking about make up the uncertain percentage.”

“Then it’s settled, I’ll be there for lunch tomorrow.” He got up. If I could guess I would say that he was headed to our room to find something hot to wear for tomorrow. I shook my head. I looked at Jonie and saw her shaking her head too but somehow I knew that it was for as different reason.

“They don’t really make up that percentage do they?”

“Nope.” She said leaning against the counter. “But they do interact with the ones who do so they will more than likely influence them. Either way will be productive but if Jayden had known that he would have shown more attention to some than others.” She said with a casual shrug. I nodded knowing exactly what she meant. Jayden was always one to see the bigger picture while inadvertently ignoring everything else. “I’m headed home to check out what those two are up to, you wanna come?”

“Nah, I would only be in your way and besides I think Jayden would appreciate it if I stayed in for once.”

She shrugged. ‘Suit yourself.”

After she left I headed up to get Emi’s homework done.

The next morning as I made my way through the hall I noticed that everyone seemed alittle preoccupied. I went in search of Madelyn immediately. I would have gone looking for Jonie but she was the hardest person to find when she was collecting data. I found Madelyn talking to two girls from our Home Ec class. I pulled her away; in a polite way. “Um what’s up with everyone?”

“Oh well everyone heard that Shyla is planning to have a meeting with Erin at lunch so there’s a lot of speculation about what they might talk about. Most of us think they’ll discuss ways to get Jayden away from you but like I said before this is all just speculation.” She said with a dismissive wave of her hand. It had to be more than speculation for Jonie to have spread it therefore it was true. I only hoped that Jonie would be just as interested in what they say so she can fill me in. Honestly how could they even be having such a meeting? Erin should have known by now that Jayden wouldn’t have left me for her—but what if she realized just how much of a chance she had now that Shyla was here! Maybe she realized that together they would be unstoppable and Jayden would have to fall for atleast one of them. Oh no . . . this was what I hated; the uncertainty of it all. I had no doubt that they could do whatever they set their minds to.