Chapter Two

Jade looked at her best friend as if she had grown two heads. Shamarah was on some other shit that she wasn't on. She tried her best to tune out what sounded like gibberish coming from Marah's mouth. She went on and on about a guy named De'Ante. Jade could have cared less about how fine, successful and how big his package was. Jade only cared about making her own money and doing her own thing.

"Marah, I wish you would just drop the issue of me meeting your boss. I'm not interested." Jade said as she moved around her modern style kitchen.

"Damn Jade you have been here all of three months and you haven't been on a date nor have you gotten laid. Not to mention, you haven't brought your ass to my place of work, which happens to be De'Ante's." Marah rolled her eyes as she pushed her hair away from her face.

"If he is so fine, why don't you go hop on his dick." Jade placed her hands on her granite countertop, while looking at Marah.

"Girl you know I like the kitty too much to hop on it; although if I was going to hop on one, it would definitely be him."

"Don't you have to work today?" Jade asked over her shoulder as she turned her omelet over.

"I do and you should come and have a late lunch with me today." She smiled.

Jade turned from the stove and looked at Marah. She knew what her friend was trying to do, but it wasn't going to work. Her mind went back to the asshole she had met last night. He was real sure of himself and he was used to women dropping their panties with ease. Jade had to admit that he was fine as hell, still she wasn't interested in him or any other man.

"I may slide through, but no funny shit, Marah." Jade warned.

"Now you know I wouldn't do anything of the sorts." Marah smirked.

Jade shook her head as she grabbed her plate, sitting down at the bar. She knew that Marah meant well and all, it was just that she had a complex about men. She felt that all men were the same, but yet different. She had only been with one guy and he gave her his ass to kiss once she gave up her virginity.

He bought her nice shit all the time. Her being young and naïve she was definitely flattered. She quickly realized all that was a ploy to get in her panties. Not long after the gifts stopped and he slowly started to fade away. To this day she refuses to let a nigga buy shit and think that they can get it. They could buy all they wanted, they wouldn't get shit in return.

******

"Mommy!" Jade yelled through her mother's house.

"Girl cut out all that yelling!" Her mother scolded.

"Sorry. What were you doing?" Jade asked as she placed a kiss on her mother's scented cheek.

"Doing a little working out lil' girl. What brings you by?"

"Just wanted to see what you were up to and if you needed anything." Jade shrugged.

"Oh baby I'm fine. You do so much for me and you spoil me to no end." She sighed and stared at her beautiful daughter. "Jade I want you to focus on you and your happiness. Go out and date. Don't let one jackass ruin you enjoying the company of a man." Her mother touched her cheek.

"Ugh! Not you too." Jade shook her head.

"Baby if someone else is telling you the same thing; then that means that you need to get out there and test the waters. Now I'm not saying go out there and be loose. You can still have fun and keep your character as well as reputation in tack."

Jade looked at her mother and she was beautiful. Her light skin tone was flawless and void of any wrinkles. At the age of forty-three she still looked thirty-five. She still worked out three to four times a weak and of course she still had her figure with all her long black hair.