Chapter Thirty-nine

Jade sped down the road as tears streamed down her face. Her phone was ringing nonstop, but she ignored it. She couldn't deal with Ante right now. She couldn't understand why he didn't tell her that he had a woman in his life at one time that he was thinking of marrying. Seeing the love that reflected in his eyes for her broke her heart. Jade felt betrayed because she told him everything when it came to her past.

She did so that it wouldn't catch him by surprise like it did her. The shit just didn't make any sense. She finally pulled up to what was their home, but as of now it wasn't a home anymore. The shit was broken just like her heart. Jade couldn't understand how the hell they got here when just weeks ago they were all in love and talking about babies.

"Dammit Jade how could you be so fucking stupid!" She hit the steering wheel.

Jade wiped her eyes and got out of the car. She knew that her mother was going to ask a million questions once she saw that she had been crying. She let herself in and just as luck would have it her mother was sitting there looking at her as she entered. Janetta looked at her as she tried to ease past her.

"Jade what's wrong baby?" Janetta stood and walked over to her.

She couldn't even find the words. Jade fell in her mothers arm and cried because she didn't know what else to do. Maybe she was looking too deeply at things, but he never denied that he didn't still have feelings for her. At this point she didn't know what was going to happen, but she wasn't go to stick around to play second best to anybody. She love Ante with everything in her, but competing with another woman that still has you bound isn't something she wanted to battle against.

"Baby tell me what's wrong?" Janetta lifted her daughters face.

"Ante's ex that he never mentioned is here and walked in on them. Momma he's still in love with her. The look of guilt and sorry he had on his face when I called him out was confirmation on it. I just don't understand why he didn't tell me. I thought that we had a relationship where we could tell each other everything." Jade shook her head not believing what was happening.

"Listen Jade, I know that he loves you, but his feelings are still tangled up in her. Maybe what he needs is closure because apparently he never got that, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he didn't tell you about her. And since this woman knows that he still is harboring feelings within she is going to do whatever to play on them. Y'all need to talk, but right now he needs to sort his shit out before he comes to you."

Jade hugged her mother. "I'm going to pack me a bag and stay at the Ritz for a few days. I need time to grasp being sucker punched in the gut."

"Okay baby. And I won't tell him where you are because he need to handle his shit before trying to make it right with you."

"Thanks momma."

"Don't thank me because a mother that loves her child will always give them the best and realest advice that they can. Now go ahead and get your things. I will be here when Ante gets here." Janetta smirked.

"Okay. I love you momma."

"I love you too baby."

********

De'Ante walked back inside his restaurant. He couldn't believe this shit. When his phone rung with an unfamiliar number he knew that he shouldn't have answered that damn phone. Shit was complicated as hell now. He loved Jade. God knows he did, but now after seeing Anessah after all this time his feelings were conflicted. He ran his hand down his face in frustration as he walked back to his office.

He glared at Anessah as she leaned against his desk. "Why are you here really?" He folded his arms staring at her.

"Because I still love you De'Ante. What we had was magically and I know that we can capture it again. I see the love in you eyes that you can't deny it. Even your she saw it too, so you can't deny your feelings."

"Anessah when you left me like dat' and aborted our baby dat' shit broke me. I didn't give a fuck about no bitch because I felt dat' they were all tha' same. They either wanted money or they were just fucking selfish. I blocked you out of my mind and I thought my heart, now you got me confused as fuck. A nigga shouldn't be feeling shit for you, but I do. On the flip side Jade is everything that I want and need. I love her Anessah."

"And you love me too." She walked over to him and pecked his lips.

Feeling her lips sparked something, but he couldn't get caught up in her shit. He needed to get the hell out of there and go talk to Jade. He took a step back from her.

"Where are you staying while you're hea'?"

"I haven't booked a hotel or anything. I called you and came straight here."

"Come on I will put you in a hotel. The Ritz isn't too far from here."

Anessah nodded and they left out. He looked at his phone as he walked out hoping that Jade would respond to his text, but nothing. As soon as he got her situated he was going home and explain this shit to her. Honestly he didn't know how because he had fucked up royally and he felt like shit because Jade had been open about everything.

They got in his Challenger and he sped off heading to the Ritz. The car ride was silent as he stared at the traffic. All he could see what Jade's face. He knew that it wasn't going to be easy trying to explain this shit, but he had to at least try. After ten minutes of driving they pulled up. He got out and Anessah did too. They walked inside.

They walked the front desk and De'Ante put her up in a penthouse suite. Once she got her key card he was about to leave, but she grabbed his arm. "Where are you going? You're not going to go up with me?"

"No Anessah. We will talk, but right now I have to go check on Jade."

"Okay call me tomorrow."

He nodded and walked towards the door. As he was going out he bumped into someone going in.

"Jade."

"Ante I think I left my phone in your car?" Anessah came up behind them.

"Ja-"

"Don't." Jade pushed past them and walked on into the hotel lobby.

"Baybeh please! Let me at least explain."

"Okay explain to me why her phone would be in your car if she wasn't in it. Explain to me why you are here with her when you have a home. Go on I'll wait."

"Jade it's complicated."

"Do you love me?"

"What kind of ques-"

"Do you fucking love me?"

"Yes."

"Do you love her?"

De'Ante looked away and then looked back at her with the same look in his eyes from earlier. Jade shook her head and walked away with what strength she had left. Just when she thought she had found the one, she found out she was sadly mistaken.

"You know what's funny just a couple weeks ago you were telling me how much you loved me and you wanted me to have your babies as well as make me your wife, now she comes back and it seems she almost had that, but looks like she might still get her chance huh?" She laughed dryly.

"Jade baybeh it's not like dat?"

"Well tell me what it's like then? Make me fucking understand!" Jade semi-yelled as tears streamed down her face.

"Just like I thought. Stay your confused ass away from me." She took off around the corner.

Shit getting worse and worse.....

Y'all this is going to be one of those situations that will either make or break Jade and De'Ante. On a serious tip when you are in a relationship with someone you need to clear the air just in case shit like this happens. It really makes Jade look like a fool and she was blindsided. I have been through this shit before and I felt just as Jade felt because it made me look like a dumb ass when it all went down. And guess who got hurt ME! A relationship is about open and honest communication. Secrets that pop up out of nowhere can kill it. She had every right to be mad because she never knew she existed until she popped up out of nowhere. Welp we shall see how all this plays out!

Excuse Mistakes!