Chapter Fifty-three

De'Ante was in a good place. Even though he and Jade were not officially back together; he still wasn't trying to day anything to fuck that up. He had fucked up badly and he was blessed that she didn't fall in the arms of another man. Tehran seemed to be a good nigga and apparently a good catch. It would have been so easy for her to fall into his arms with him being a shoulder to cry on.

The love that she had for De'Ante was like a breath of fresh air and it was so real and she was so real. He knew that he would never find another as real as her. He leaned back in his chair pulling on his chin hairs as he thought about them having a baby. He couldn't wait to become a father. It was a little after eleven and he wanted to hear Jade's voice.

Picking up his phone he dialed her number. He listened to it ring and ring until the voicemail came on. That wasn't like her not to answer. He called back two more times and got the same results. De'Ante started getting a bad vibe. Something wasn't right. He rushed out of his office and found Marah taking a couples order.

Once she was done he stopped her in her tracks. "Marah have you talked to Jade?"

"No, why?" Marah replied.

"I called her phone several times and I didn't get an answer. It keeps going to voicemail."

"Maybe she's busy." Marah tried reassuring him.

"Nah, she always answers and if she doesn't right then she will call me right back. Something ain't right." He said running his hands through his hair.

"Well, go check on her De'Ante and let me know what's up. I'm sure she is really busy."

"Yeah, yeah. Maybe you right." He said as he turned and walked down the hall to retrieve his keys and phone.

He hopped in his car and sped down the road to make sure Jade was alright. If something happened to her he didn't know what he would do. He would feel hurt because he wasted valuable time with a bitch that never gave a damn about him. In the midst of his thoughts he found himself pulling into the back of her shop.

He sighed in relief when he saw her Camaro. De'Ante got out and walked inside. It was deadly quiet and instantly he became alarmed. He walked back to where Jade works and she wasn't there. What caught his attention was her purse, keys and phone were there. He turned around and found a note that had his blood boiling.

Shards of fear and anger went through him as he read the whack ass note.

If you what to see your precious girl alive and unharmed then you will come up with on hundred and fifty G's within the next forty-eight hours. If not then....POW! POW!....

De'Ante crumbled the letter up and threw it on the floor. All he could see was red. He had no fucking idea who this was and then a thought came to his mind. It to be Anessah's bum ass husband. This was all his fucking fault. Jade would still be here if he hadn't been blinded.

"This nigga must not know who the fuck De'Ante Rodgers is.....

******

Jade heard voices as she lay on a dirty mattress. She opened her eyes and tried to move, but couldn't move because her hands and feet were tied. She looked around, but didn't see anyone around. All she heard was those voices. Tears streamed down her face because this was her fate. She didn't know if she was going to come out dead or alive.

All she could think about was her unborn baby. She didn't want anything to happen to her unborn. Footsteps neared and finally her captor had appeared. It was the guy from the photo that Jayden had showed her. He gave her an evil smile as he kneeled down in front of her.

"Damn De'Ante is one lucky ass nigga. You are gorgeous. Too bad if he doesn't come through with what I want he won't see your gorgeous ass no more." He caressed her cheek.