No son of mine is gay

I walked in the door, scared of what my parents would think of me not being home, maybe i could just walk in and run up the stairs and the wouldnt notice? but clearly I was wrong.

"Shane" I heard my dad shout, I made my way into the living room to see him slumped against the chair.

"yes"

"Where have you been?" Mum asked, leaning forward and squinting her eyes

"A friends"

"A girls house?" He asked, oh dear god if he thinks I was at a girls, i'd be dead

"no.." I assured him, although I was shaking

"Dont lie to your dad" Mum screamed as my dad stood up, and walked over to me, pinning me against the wall, holding my neck so I could breathe properly.

"Yeah, you were at a girls" he said, smelling my clothes, he could smell the alcohol off me, I want to disappear round about now.

"No, I dont like g-girls"

He loosened his grip and his eyes widened

"He's a fucking poof int he?" he shouted to my mum, while she shook her hood in what seemed like disappointement.

I got out of his grip and ran up the stairs, a move I shouldnt of made.

"no fucking son of mine is gay!" He screamed at me, coming up the stairs, thank fully i'd managed to close the door before he could get in, all I could hear was banging and shouting as I lay against the door, making sure he couldnt come in.

It had been an hour since my dad had a go at me, I was lay on the floor next to my door, I must have fell asleep. My face was hot and wet from all the crying. This wasnt the first time I'd been like this, but I guess my dad had a reason to act like this, most have a problem with gays I guess, I didnt exactly come out properly did I? I was shaking uncontrollably as I stood up and slid the lock on my door so I could lie on my bed, it was only half past seven, but I couldnt even bring my self to go downstairs and get food, because he would be down there. I guess I could just stay up like later and go down when they go to bed. That would be easier and nice considering i'd eat nothing all day.

As I lay in bed, I couldnt help thinking about Drew, what would he be doing right now? would he be in bed hiding from his parents too? Would he be thinking about me? Is he scared to do this presentation assignment in front of everyone in science class? Did he like me? cause I kind of like him.

I mean, I dont mind if he hated me again or didnt even talk to me, I was used to it and besides, it was only a kiss...drunk and sober..

Was Drew really gay?

Or was this all a sham to trick me and fool me?

I wasnt sure what to think.

All that was running around in my head as I thought of Drew was my dads words;

"No son of mine is gay"

It hurt, if my brother was here he would have said something to that, he never let me take a fist from my dad, he'd stick up for me. I missed him, so much.

- 2 hours later -

I had been waiting for a while now and my hunger was getting the better of me, so I was going to try and go down stairs. I slide the lock back across and creeped out my door, trying hard to make it not creek so that I could stand on the landing and see if I could hear them down stairs, nope, nothing.

Now to challenge the steps to a game of dont make a sound, I tip toed down, complete silence, opening my living room door..there was my dad.

My first instinct was to close the door and quietly run back up the stairs, but he called me back and my stomach was going crazy.

I ran through past him to kitchen, starting to grab random food from the cupboard and making a cup of coffee. Trying to avoid my dad, despite him calling me.

"Get through here Shane" he demanded, I put down the coffee jar and slinked through to the living room, where he sat, staring at me.

I'd never got on with my dad since birth, he'd always judged me for not being a masculine male that liked football or got all the girls. He hated that I wasnt branded good looking and never went out. Then, If i did any of those things, he'd beat me for being bad at it etc.

Now he was sitting infront of me, judging me for being as straight as a roundabout in his eyes. I shook a lot.

"Fucking poof, twatty feminine prick. Come here" He said, my heart felt like it broke, names really got to me. I leant towards him, before he slapped me hard on the face. I clasped my face in my hands.

"That too much for ya? too feminine fir a good beating?" He shouted, getting up and kicking me

"No fucking son of mine is gay, No Shane, you're not fucking gay. Dont shame this family." He screamed as he kicked me again, I didnt even fight back, it was too hurtful, I just lay in a curled ball.

"Get the fuck up" he demanded "GET THE FUCK UP" he screamed again, as I clambered to my feet.

The last thing I saw was his fist shooting towards my face.

It was six am, I opened my eyes to see I was still lying on the floor, I could barely move from pain, such excruciating pain. As I rolled over to face the full length mirror, I could see blood, wow, that must of been a hard hit I took, I knew my dad was capable of a hard punch or two, but never had I drew blood from any of the beating i'd taken.

I ignored the pain for a few seconds to pull myself up, at least that way I could crawl up to bed and sleep, ignoring everyone, today I will stay home and not go to school, I will rest and stay away from my parents, away from the outside world all together.

~Drews Point Of View~

It was seven am, I always over slept, it was getting too much of a habit. I jumped out of bed and looked at myself in the mirror, I didnt look as ruff as usual. When Shane left yesterday i took all responsibility for cleaning my room, washing my clothes, re-showering and eating. It felt so good to be organised and clean for once.

Today I had my presentation project for science with Shane. I wasnt ashamed to be up in front of everyone with him anymore, I was actually looking forward to seeing him, in a weird sort of way. Everytime I closed my eyes I thought of our kiss, it was weird, it kind of meant something to me, yet again, in a weird way, I liked it.

I tied my tie round my neck and put on my rucksack, today, will be a good day.