I - Undead in Different World

The boy grinned, swinging his legs while sitting on his bed. His spiky silver hair was tainted with blood and dirt, but he seemed to pay no mind. He kept singing his dark song, not paying attention to the metal walls around him.

"...-one-hundred-and-sixty-five, one-hundred-and-sixty-eight, you don't have to be afraid! One-hundred-and-seventy-one, one-hundred-and-seventy-..."

"SHUT UP, KAERU!!" The man outside yelled in anger, as he kicked the metal door in front of him, while the resonance of the sound made some other patients groaned in pain.

From inside, giggles were heard. "Calm down, Sir! Ha! You shocked me, again! I lost my count! Well, I'll start over later." The boy said, looking through the small 'window' on the door, which is actually just a rectangle hole with metal bars, merely for ventilation and for the guards to check on the patients inside each cells. Kaeru's fingers reached out of the metal bars, the bandages around them were torn and bloodied.

"Hehe... Where should I cut you?" He asked, as he cracked one of his fingers, "Neck, chest, stomach? Gut, eye, or shoulder?"

"You will not cut anyone!"

The boy laughed. "I'll just start counting again, then! One, four, seven, we're not yet even! Ten, thirteen, sixteen, you should have got bitten! Nineteen, twenty-two, twenty-five, I'll take all your lives! Twenty-eight, thirty-one, thirty-four, your blood tastes so sour! Thirty-seven, forty, forty-three, I'll kill you for free! Forty-six, forty-nine, fifty-two, cut the ears, too~... Fifty-five, fifty-..." He stopped singing when electricity current ran through the cuffs around his ankles.

"WAHH!! It tickles! What was that?!"

The man shook his head disapprovingly.

'No wonder the silverette brat was locked in this asylum.'

"Ha! Gotcha, F*cker!" The boy yelled in achievement, as he grabbed the man's lower face with one hand, covering his mouth. He struggled, but Kaeru grinned wider, pulling out a shred of broken glass, dragging it harshly through the man's throat.

Blood spilled on the floor, as Kaeru starts cackling crazily.

"ONE MORE DEAD! CONGRATS FOR ME! I GOT ONE MORE POINT!"

Alarms start ringing, as the insane laughter grew louder.

| × | × | × | × | × |

Kaeru may be mentally ill, but it's not entirely his fault. He was just raised in the wrong time, at the wrong place, by bad people, in very unacceptable way.

Obito sighed. He hates seeing the boy suffered. Flashbacks ran through his mind again. How his body was crushed by the boulder, how his teammates cried for him.

And how he saved his own life by teleporting into other dimension, bringing one other people with him as the toll.

Yes, that one person is Kaeru.

He couldn't help it. Kaeru was the first person who ran in Obito's mind. His best friend. The boy was just 9 years old.

Being teleported into 'Earth', right in the main building of a government's organization, Obito and Kaeru had different fates. After many interrogations, they both were finally recruited as two of the agents.