III - Everyone Hates Kaeru, Right?

Anko

"And then?"

"I woke up on a chair! My hands were tied, and everything is dark! Something was tied around my eyes, so I couldn't see anything! Then I heard someone enter the room. But before I could ask them what's happening, someone injected something into my arm. The other one forced me to open my mouth, and then put lots and lots of pills there. They covered my nose, so I have to gulp the pills down. They did this a lot, several times, for days or weeks, I'm not sure."

"What are those? Medicines?"

"I don't know!" Kaeru whined, as he threw his hand up in the air, before he slowly put them down on the table, and leaned his head on them, "But it feels weird. It makes me feel happy for no reason, then suddenly I feel like crying, after that I want to scream, it really makes me confused. I don't know whether I was angry, sad, happy, or whatever!"

My tears began to blur my sight. I tried to wipe them away, but it doesn't work.

"One day, when Kaeru woke up, Kaeru was already in Obito's room. Kaeru never ate those pills again. But Kaeru started having headaches. It hurts so much that Kaeru couldn't even think."

"Leader-sama was mad at Kaeru..." He continued, looking down. I didn't fail to notice how his speech changed into third person's point of view when he was sad, or worried and upset.

"Who is that?"

"He's the one that orders Kaeru and Obito around. He starts beating Kaeru up every day."

"Until one day, something inside me snapped!" He exclaimed, as he starts giggling, "I killed him! I killed him for giving me these ugly lines!"

I flinched, and slowly backed away, as his giggle got louder and louder.

"They dragged me away from the corpse! And then they locked me in the metal door! But it's fun there. I think they called the place 'asylum'. Anyways, I felt bored, so I kill everyone who 's rude to me!"

His giggle broke into a fit of laughter. It made me snapped. I couldn't hold back my tears anymore, and so I rose from my seat, and ran out of the kitchen.

| × | × | × | × | × |

It has been about 2 hours since I left. I couldn't hear anything from inside my room, but it seemed like he didn't try to find me, either.

I let out a sigh. Kami, how I miss the old innocent Kaeru.

But... it's not his fault if he became a psychopath now, right? So why did I run away? I should have stayed there for him.

Taking a deep breath, I stood up, and exited my room.

"Kaeru?" I called, as I entered towards the kitchen. It was empty, but I narrowed my eyes. Something seemed off. How tidy he put the chair, that it looks suspicious. And I found that one of my knives is missing.

Don't worry too much, Anko. It's nothing. You might just forget where did you put it.

"Kaeru, where are you?" I asked again, approaching his room. As much as I'm already think that now a murderer is running around the village, I still want to check inside the house.

And I'm right. When I opened the door, Kaeru was standing in the middle of the room. The lights were off, and the aura scares me a bit. His back was facing me, his hands on his chest, and his whole body was trembling slightly.

"K-Kaeru? W-What are you doing?" I asked nervously, and slowly made my way towards him. I heard a small gasp, and something in his grip shine, just a little glint.