IV - Daddy?

"Kaeru!" Anko yelled as she watched the boy leaped from rooftop to rooftop ahead of her, as she had told him yesterday she would buy him dango the next morning (which is today) if he came down from the tree.

Little did Anko know that Kaeru would be awake at 7 am ready for the sweets.

So here was the jōnin, running along roof tops of Konoha in her PJ's after a silver haired ninja who was more than determined to get what he wanted.

"No, Anko-chan, it's time!! It's time for dangos!" He shouted as he ran along the roofs, and Anko just sighed heavily.

"They won't be open for a couple of hours Kaeru!" She shouted, and he slid to a stop and turned to her with a pout.

"Then will Anko-chan train with me some more before they open?!" He asked, and Anko sighed but nodded her head.

"Of course I will."

| × | × | × | × | × |

Kaeru

"Kaeru! Are you-... Stop playing around!" Anko exclaimed as soon as she realized that my pain is a fake.

I grinned, giving her a peace-sign. "Hehe... You fell for it, Anko-chan!"

A soft amused smile crept into her face.

"If you can cross the lake without falling, we'll go home, get changed, and buy that dango." She said, "Hurry up, Kaeru."

I nodded, and turned away, my back facing her, as I stared at the lake in front of me.

I smiled a little. Anko-chan is so kind... Just like Obito...

"Anko." I heard someone called. His voice make me froze, and I slowly turned. My eyes widened.

It was Aniki.

He was standing in front of Anko, his hands in his pockets. He still had that cold look, and I winced at the aura he gave off.

"Kaeru! Just continue training! I'll be talking with your brother for a while!"

"Hai, Anko-chan!" I replied, trying to sound as cheery as possible, while turning my gaze away.

What did Aniki want? Please don't let him make Anko hates me, Kami...

I don't understand. Why does Anko wants to take care of me? Am I really worth it?

I shook my head at the thought. No, I can't think about that.

And thus, I start over.

Kakashi

I watched as my bro-... Kaeru mutters to himself, before shaking his head and began to take steady steps on the lake surface.

"He already... managed to do... that?" I asked the purple-haired jōnin, pointing at the boy.

She sighed, nodding. "He's actually a genius. No offense, but maybe even better than you." She said, "Sadly, he never got any chance to prove himself worthy."

I narrowed my eyes. "What are you trying to say?"

"Don't hate him. Please." The Mitarashi technically begged to me, "He's not insane. He's broken. He never felt any love before, and that's why his behaviour is this way. Don't you notice how he had changed since the first time we met him?"

I slowly, reluctantly, nodded. Yes, the crazed look in his eyes is gone, replaced by happiness. The smile never left his face.

My fingers twitched. He looked so innocent, and it sickens me.