X - Sand, Wind, and A Fellow 'Monster'

"Okay, so this stuff is called sand?" Kaeru asked, looking at Obito. The  Uchiha nodded his head as he looked at the silver-haired boy.

"Yes, Kaeru."

Kaeru nodded his head slightly as he turned his attention back to his feet, raising his eyebrow slightly as his foot once again sink deeper into the sand.

"This stuff is so cool..." Kaeru mumbled to himself as he walked ahead of the group, Kakashi standing near the Kazekage and then Shisui and Obito were no bringing up the rear.

"What's wrong with that child?" The Kazekage asked, glancing over at his brother. Kakashi was staring ahead at Kaeru, before he shrugged his shoulders lightly.

"I couldn't tell you." Kakashi said, and Obito glared at Kakashi from behind him.

"Kaeru isn't like most shinobi's. He went through more than most people can say they have, and he didn't get to experience most things that most children did." Obito said, and the Kazekage nodded before going back to being silent.

The rest of the trip was relatively silent, except for Kaeru's random outburst about the sand under his feet.

| × | × | × | × | × |

At the gates of Suna, Kakashi and the Kazekage passed Kaeru so that the Kazekage could make his way to his home without much interaction with villagers. Not that he wanted to avoid his villagers, he was just not an approachable man and he was quite tired.

Kaeru glanced around at all the things that Suna had to offer. From the sand buildings that surrounded him, to the villagers who were shopping and chatting to each other. But Kaeru, being the eager boy he was, glanced back at his sensei with a large smile on his face.

"Obito! Can I go look around? I'll meet you guys here in a hour or two?"

"That's fine. Just please, don't bother things." Obito said, and Kaeru nodded his head slightly before he took off running towards the middle of town. Kaeru was more than excited to get a chance to look around this village that held so many differences from the village he was used to. 

His dark eyes glanced around the village, watching groups of people chat, and some children play together. But it was at this moment that Kaeru noticed a little red-haired boy walking towards the group of children play, with a bright smile on his face. While Kaeru was too far away to hear what the little boy was saying, but he could see as the boys' face dropped, and a different little boy stood up and screamed at the redhead.

The smaller of the two boy coward away from the larger boy, the bright smile that was on the redhead's face falling.

"Go away! Nobody wants you here!" The larger boy said as he put his hands on the red-haired boy's shoulders and shoved him to the ground. Kaeru's eyes widened as he began to rush towards the scene, towards the little boy.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Kaeru shouted at the larger boy, shoving passed him to the red headed boy. He crouched down beside of him, still glaring back at the larger boy until the other kids ran off to do what they were previously doing.

Kaeru looked down at the little red haired boy was staring up at him, his eyes full of fear. "W-Who are you?" The little boy asked.

"I'm Kaeru! Who are you?" The silver-haired teen asked as he sat down in the sand beside of the boy.

"I'm... I'm Gaara."

"Well, hello there, Gaara!" Kaeru said as he extended his hand towards Gaara. The boy hesitantly took the boy's hand, and they shook hands.

"Where do you live? I'll take you back!" Kaeru said with a smile as he stood up, Gaara nodded and glanced around, before he pointed back in the direction that Kaeru had came from.