VIII - Bitter Reunion

Shisui

What I'm sure of, is that Kaeru is one of a kind. He went along with my jokes and weird actions, he didn't care about my status as 'Lord Fugaku's nephew', he doesn't mind about strange things I'm doing, and I can't believe it seems like no one notices that he's quite a genius.

We were currently sitting inside my room, eating more sweets.

"Well, I know this is weird, but who was that Uchiha?" I asked him. He turned at me, snickering slightly.

"Obito. His name is Obito Uchiha."

"That scar on his face is cool." I commented, "How do you know him?"

"He was one of my brother's teammates. I met him when he first barged into our house because he was looking for Aniki."

"I thought your brother was the last of his team. Tell me more." I said, "Because I got a feeling that he will be a cool sensei."

He grinned, taking another dango from the plate and throw it into his mouth, "He's about the same age as Aniki, but their personality are opposites. Obito always comes late at training because he's helping someone, and this is one of the reasons why Aniki dislikes him. He's a fun person to spend time with, he jokes around a lot but he's a good person."

"He was on a mission with his team, when things got messed up. They almost got trapped, and he saved Aniki, but half of his body was crushed by a large boulder. He thought he was going to die, so he gave one of his newly gained Sharingan to my brother."

"Oh, so that's how Kakashi-san got the Sharingan! I always wonder..."

Kaeru nodded. "Well, not long after his teammates left, he heard a voice telling him that he got a chance to survive, but he had to transport to another dimension, bringing someone with him. He agreed, and the first person who crossed his mind was me!"

"... Another dimension...?"

"Yep!" Kaeru exclaimed. He could be childish sometimes, or, most of the times, "That place is called Earth! We got recruited as special agents! Something bad happened to me, though. Drug overdose, I think that's it? Anyways, those medicines messed up my mind a bit. Leader-sama got mad, he beat me up until I snapped and killed him. They locked me up in this place called asylum, and most of them were rude to me, so I killed them too! They got mad at me, and decided to kill me. I died, and BAM! I got back here!" He explained, all in one breath.

My jaws dropped, literally. He giggled at my expression, shaking his head.

"I'm alright now, don't worry. I-..." He stopped himself, looking as if he had just remembered something, "Wait. I returned when I died. That means... on Earth, Obito died. Right?"

I slowly nodded. That makes sense. "...Then, Obito-sensei has died twice, correct?" I asked back.

His eyes widened in realization. Kaeru grinned wider, and abruptly stood up. "I'm gonna find him! I want to hear the story of his second death!"

Before I can reply, he had already waved at me, running out of the room.

A smirk made its way onto my face. Yeah, my team would be amazing, definitely.

| × | × | × | × | × |

Kakashi

A knock on my door interrupted my reading session. Now, that's definitely not Kaeru or Shisui. They both would burst into the house. Not Anbus either because they would only teleported inside.

My friends? No, I don't think I have friends.

Lazily, I went to the door, opening it, to find Lord Hokage there.