XI - Kumogakure

"Chunin exams?! What's that?!" Kaeru asked, bouncing slightly as they walked back toward Konoha. Obito had just brought up the fact that he believed the team was ready to participate in the Chūnin exams once they got home, and was bouncing the idea off of Kakashi as they walked.

"It's the exams they hold every year to see if the previous year genin are ready to be Chūnin and further their studies as a ninja," Obito said as he nodded towards his students. "And I believe that this team is ready to go through that."

"That sounds so cool, Obito!!!" Kaeru said happily, skipping slightly when he walked. "I'm glad you have that much faith in us!!!"

"Yeah, that is pretty cool," Shisui said, smiling at the silver haired boy continued to skip towards the village.

"So it's settled? You're entering?" Obito asked, and the Hatake and Uchiha nodded their heads.

"Yes!" They both said, and that's when Obito smiled at them.

"Okay, you guys will be going without me though," Obito stated, and Kaeru stopped in his tracks and turned around to his sensei.

"WHAT?! WHY?!" Kaeru screamed, earning a dirty look from his older brother.

"I have no one to watch Naruto the month that is going on. You have to enter the exams in three men squad-..."

"Which means we can't enter then, sensei!" Shisui said, but he was met with a smack to the back of his head.

"Don't interrupt me! As I was saying, you have to enter in three man squads, so I am arranging for you two to have a female companion during the exams. More than likely, it's going to be Anko."

"Hell yeah!" Kaeru said, throwing his fist up in the air. "Anko is my best friend!"

"Ouch," Shisui mumbled, and Kaeru looked over at his teammate.

"Other than you, Shisui!" Kaeru said, pouting slightly at the man.

"I know, I'm just playing with you, Kaeru."

"Are you two done? I'm trying to explain something to you both," Obito said, rubbing his temples slightly.

"Yes." The two genins have their attention back on their sensei, nodding their heads.

"Okay, as I was saying. It will most likely be Anko who will be accompanying you two. I just have to double check with the Hokage once we get there, but after that, you guys are being sent to Kumo almost as soon as we get home. So, sorry about that." He chuckled, and his teammates whine slightly, causing yet another dirty glare from the older Hatake.

"Deal with it!" Obito said, laughing as they continue to walk towards Konoha in a kind of silence, other than Kaeru humming to himself.

| × | × | × | × | × |

It doesn't take long before the group arrived at the Hokage's office, the two genins walking in without knocking as usual, while Kakashi only glared at it.

"Yo! We're back, Old Man!" Kaeru yelled, along with Shisui. Kakashi swore he heard the Hokage muttered 'Oh, Kami, why so soon...' but he didn't say a thing. Instead, he only bowed and placed the alliance scroll on the desk.

Hiruzen nodded, as he opened the scroll and began to read. His eyes narrowed in confusion, and he let out a deep breath, turning his gaze to the two genins in the room.

"These aren't planned, are they? Heavy rain in a desert, vultures inside the arena, and making fun of the village's elder."

"Wait. You did WHAT?!" Obito's attention was instantly back to his students, "Making fun of the village's elder?! Do you even know what you were doing?!"