V - Your Fault!

As he reached his destination, Kakashi bit his lip out of doubt. He stared at the door in front of him, his knuckles ready to knock. A voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Just come in, Kakashi." Someone called from inside the room. Kakashi walked in, closing the door quietly.

"You looked troubled Kakashi. What's the matter?" Hiruzen asked. Kakashi sighed, shoving his hands in his pocket.

"... Kaeru..." He muttered.

A soft smile crept onto the Hokage's face. "About time you thought of him." He stated simply, pulling out a stack of papers, "This is all I have about him. His reports from the Academy since he was 5, when he entered, until he was 9, when he disappeared. Also his medical reports from yesterday."

Kakashi took the papers and files from the Hokage and slowly made his way back to his home with the files tucked under his arm.

As soon as he got home, he threw the files on the table and started going through it. The first thing he picked up was Kaeru's academy files.

When he opened the files, he noticed how good Kaeru's grades were. He was at the top of all of his classes and all of the other students.

Kaeru's test scores were always the best, and he was being considered for the Advance classes when he was 9. Right before he disappeared.

Kakashi spent the night looking over all of the files, surprised at how good his brother was.

It was morning by the time that Kakashi got to the medical files from yesterday. And he was horrified.

He was not aware of how his brother was malnourished, how his brother was so sick and not in a good mental health state.

'Why do I even felt worried about this...? Why do I even care about Kaeru...?'

Maybe, he really want to be his big brother.

| × | × | × | × | × |

Kaeru kept tossing and turning around even in his sleep. He was sweating, writhing in pain, having another nightmare attack. Anko couldn't woke him up, all she can do is watching, praying, and try to calm him down, whispering sweet soothing words.

A knock was heard all of a sudden. She reluctantly left the boy and answered the door, to find a very shocking sight. The visitor is no other than Kakashi himself.

"Can I meet Kaeru?" He asked the Mitarashi as soon as the door was opened. Anko raised an eyebrow.

"I assume you're not that cold-blooded after all?"

Kakashi looked away. "May I enter? Or are you going to kick me out?"

She shook her head, frowning. "Not yet at least." She said, as she stepped aside, and he walked in.

Kakashi stood next to Kaeru's unconscious figure. "... Nightmares...?"

Anko solemnly nodded. "I want to tell you what happened to him... But I think it's better if you hear it from Kaeru himself..."

Kakashi nodded in understanding, his eyes narrowed deep in thought. His gloved hand reached out to his brother's face, but as soon as his fingers came into contact with his skin, Kaeru's hands twitched. His head quickly turned to his side, and he let out a gasp as his eyes snapped open.

"... No..." He breathed out, his eyes widened in fear seeing the room, not even noticing Kakashi's presence.

"You're safe, Kaeru, don't worry. How are you feeling?" Anko asked just as another scream was about to leave his lips.