Track #8 The Official Lyric girl

Track #8

The Official Lyric girl

"I like engine going. Look," I started to sing-whisper the song, I just wanted him to feel more confident of what he was doing. "How's that bricklaying coming? How's your engine running? Is that bridge getting built? Are your hands getting filled."

He smirked up to me, "Thanks for staying, plant girl."

When he first set his offer, I was on the verge of exploding. The sound of those words was completely amazing, except for the plant girl thingy. No guy had ever even bother to notice my presence, and suddenly, Drew, a boy, need my help. This had never happen in the history of my socializing with boys.

When he used the; "I need you to help me out. Please, I'm lost without you!" line, I just had to say yes. I was a total people pleaser and I couldn't say no. Besides, I still felt bad for my uncessary drama from last time.

"It's cool," I said cheesily.

"Oh my brother, your wisdom is older than me." Drew sang as he took his guitar in his hands. "God dammit, the song is finally working out." I smiled up, he looked extremly happy.

I took my eyes of the piece of paper, "I think we could add this to the chorus; won't you tell me my brother, cause there are stars up above. We can start moving foward," I sang softly.

Drew looked up to me and smiled, he had really white teeth. "You have a really nice singing voice." I blushed almost immediately, "Let's take this from the top," He said as he started playing the tune.

-

My head was spinning when I woke up, I felt awfully tired. Drew had made me stay pretty late at his house, as much as I tried to leave he wanted me to finish those lyrics. We only had half way done, I know, but we made a lot of progress with them. My phone was buzzing around and I tried to shut it off and go back into sweet dreamland. I looked at the screen, I had a bunch of text messages demanding for my apperance at his apparment.

"You are such a workaholic!!" I shouted angrily through the phone. "I'm on the verge of dying and I need to rest!"

"It's an emergency! My plants are dying! I need you here to water them!" He said, I rolled my eyes. "You can sleep all you want after this! I promise! I just want your presence while I show the guys the new lyrics!"

I groaned loudly, "Fine," I said feeling a bit of curiosity for the opinion of the others.

-

"Oh my brother your wisdom is older than me, Oh my brother don't you worry 'bout me. Don't you worry, don't you worry, don't worry about me." I didn't exactly knew when he had decided to apply the lyrics to the piano melody. He seemed to be very determined to finish that song.

"How's that bricklayin' coming? How's your engine running? Is that bridge getting built? Are your hands getting filled? Won't you tell me my brother, cause there are stars up above. We can start moving foward," I looked around, his friends' s head nodding and smiling. He touched the last C's and D's to finish.

"Wow. You did all that yesterday?" The drummer asked. Drew smiled brightky, he seemed very proud of his work.

"I did it with a little help," he directed his into mine, my face flushed as all eyes were on me. "It's all thanks plant girl."

Both of the boys looked shocked at me, "Coolest beef ever!" Drummer boy said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Did you just called me beef?" I asked weirded out. Blue-eyed boy punched him in the arm almost immediately.

"He was kidding." Blue eyes said smiling brightly. "Great work you did there." He praised me.

"Yeah, you saved us." Drummer boy said blushing lightly, I guess he was kind of embarrassed after that awkward episode.

"We are still missing a couple of verses but it's not that muc - ."

"Yeah, well have it done by tomorrow."

"Excuse me?" I shouted nearly choking.

"You don't really have much to do, do you?" he said unbelieable with suspicious eyes.

"Dude, I go to school! I got homework!"

"This will help you out in english class." He said rolling his eyes. I looked over at Drew, how old was he? Could he be like 26 or something, He looked young but to live by yourself and being the leader of a band, he could be thrity-something. Which made me realize; I was hanging out with grandpas.

"Yeah, you are part of the team ... er - Dany?" 

"Danielle," I finished his sentece. "Yeah right, part of your team and you don't even know my name."

"I'm Jonhson." Drummer boy said saving Drew from screwing any further. The blue eyed boy followed as he greeted me too, "I'm Nicolas." He smiled sincerely.

"Hi," I said awkwardly to both boys.

"So you are now part of the team? " Nicolas asked curiously.

My voice and Drew's echoed the apparment, while mine were big 'NO's his were 'Of course'.

"No." I said shaking my head, "Of course not! I'm not a profesional neither certificated for this! Isn't it illegal?"

"What?" The boys asked confused.

"Plant girl you are way better than all those "Professionals"." Drew said, okay the plant thing was officialy getting on my nerves. "You are really talented and I'm not kidding when I say I wouldn't had done it without you." I blushed furiously, what was wrong with this guy? It was just a couple of verses and rhymes, why was he praising me so much?

"Professionals are called that way for something," I defended my point.

"Yeah but they don't write with the heart," Drew said inspired and I made a face.

"Neither did I, It just came to my mind."

"See, you're gifted." Drew insisted.

"Drew seriously, I'm not that - ."

"We are leaving then." Nicolas said as he dragged Johnson out of the house. But before that, he came closer to me and excused himself. "Lyric girl, I like that much better than plant girl." Nicolas said with a sweet smile, "Welcome to the team." I stayed frozen in my place and all I could do was awkwardly reply with a smile. What was there obsession with not calling me by my name? But yeah, I liked lyric girl so much better. And it seemed as if I had no way out of this.