Track #13 Family

Track #13

Family

If there was a thing that I regret the most (and believe me, I regret a lot off stuff) was not being born on the 60's. That way I could get Elvis, Beatles, and reach to the 80's in the adolescence. Imagine going to Pink Floyd concerts, having David Gilmore blasting his guitar right in front of my face? 

I would have been a reckless, lawbreaker teenager, I would have been the happiest.

But no, I had to be born in the worst music era possible. The era where Nicki Minaj and her senseless lyrics rule the radio, let's not forget beauty, because why else would One Direction/Justin Bieber be successful?

It's not all lost. There are still some really good bands around that make me proud, for example; Mumford and Sons, The Killers, Eminem, and almost every indie record. But it bothers me that they don't get as praised as Harry Styles and his curls. If only I had been a teenager in the 80's, I would have gone to every single concert of Queen and Nirvana. Oh god, looking at gorgeous LIVE REAL Kurt Cobain, that would be heaven.

Mom had been born that era, mom was a 70's kid. She often bragged about going to Queen's last live concert and having watch ACDC at least four times. She went to Nirvana's 'In Uterus' tour and witness Kurt breaking his guitar. I could say I hated her because that wasn't the only thing she did.  

Most of my brothers have rock star names while I was stuck with a common American name. I'm the biggest oldie lover in my family and I get stuck with a common name. We were very large family, we were sixteen in total (no kidding). But four of them were in college, so we didn't see them as often. The house was mess all the time, ever seen 'Cheaper By The Dozen' ? That's exactly how our house looked like, only, were not twelve but sixteen. I think mom had this adopting syndrome, it was the only way to explain it.

Of course we most of us were adopted, if she had given birth to sixteen of us, she would be probably be dead by now. I don't think any living female can actually give birth to sixteen babies. Mom was in her third child when they told her she couldn't have anymore kids.

"Hey loser, get up!" Janis shouted pushing me and Brenda off the bed. Janis and Brenda were the same age, twenty one. They were in the house for spring break while my two older brothers, Joe and Angus, were enjoying the hard party in Cancun.

Oh the college kids, everyone celebrated their departure.

Hey, more food for the rest of the family.

"Pancakes again?" Axl cried. Now I know this sounds weird, who in heaven whines having pancakes for breakfast? Well pancakes are nice but not having as breakfast every single day.

"Oh come on, Axl." My mom said trying to cheer my ten-year-old brother, "Kids of your age would kill to have pancakes everyday!"

"I'll go for the cereal," Roger (six-years old) said taking the big ass box of 'Captain Crunch' out.

"Dibs!" A choir of us was heard across the kitchen as we all fought for the box.

"Dibs!" Axl and Grace (seven years old) shouted, immediately, Donna (twelve-years old) and Amy (fourteen, the puberty section) followed them

You see there were sections in my family, it was just how the system worked here. There was the children sections, teen secitions and college kids. The twelve/thirteen/fourteen (Donna, Amy) were in the puberty section while me, Tommy, Paul (sixteen-years old), Irene (Seventeen), Diana (Fifteen) and me were in the teen section. Axl, Grace, Roger (ten-years old), Aretha (seven-years old), Kurt (six-years old) were the children group.