Track #11 Please

Track #11

Please

"How about: we got no place to go, caught up in the rodeo. They all got loaded guns, please God tell me we are dreaming?" I asked re-writing the whole paragraph again. Drew laid at the other side of the coach looking at me attentively. I was in the floor while he played the tune in his guitar, it was amazing how incredibly talented he was. I mean, he played the guitar, the piano while I hardly touched the triangle.

"Very poetic, where did that ever came from?" He asked with a smirk.

"I actually did it thinking about the teachers in my school. They sends us tons of homework, they think I we live for school," I complained, just thinking about maths and my head ached. I looked at Drew, his usual smirk was changed into this kind of smile. He looked at me incredulous and started laughing. I blushed, "I told you I wasn't a poet!"

I had never seen Drew laughing, I couldn't help but let this smile slip. Danielle! My brain called me out, Don't do this to yourself! Don't even dare to think of Drew in that way, you know how it ends. I shoved the thought of Drew away, he was a super star. He probably had a gorgeous girlfriend, and if he didn't he could easily get one. He would never notice me, I was a kid to him.

"It's okay, it's okay." He said patting my head, of course I was a kid to him. He just patted my head!

"Get off." I complained as he was messing my hair around, it wasn't that I was a princess when it came to my hair but I had curly hair and he was frizzing it up. There was nothing that I hated more than my frizzy hair.

"You are such a girl," Drew said playfully rolling his eyes. He took a hand full of sour patch kids and chewed

"Geez, if it weren't for you I wouldn't had noticed." I said caressing York's fur.

"Since when do you and York get along?" He asked pulling York's whiskers and with his mouth full.

"Stop!" I slapped Drew's hand away as York cried. "Do that again and I'll call animal control to take you away," I stood from the sofa and moved to kitchen. I was getting completely eased around this house, I opened the refrigerator and took out some cokes.

"Wanna order some chinesse?" He asked as he wrote in his tiny notebook of his. I glared at him weirdly as my heartbeat fasten.

"Sure." I said as I returned to the living room, I sat in the floor and he started singing the whole song with the recent lyrics. I looked at him amuzed, the best part was when he closed his eyes. I loved this specific part of being lyric girl, to just listen how the lyrics and the music worked together.

"So are you in?" He asked curiously interrupting my thoughts, I hadn't exactly rejected his offer but I wasn't so sure about it.

"Have you ever tried mentos and coke inside your mouth?" I asked him sitting besides him and changing the whole subject.

"Nop and I'm not trying it," He said focusing in his strings.

I rolled my eyes, "We been working all day long! Let's do something else!" Drew shook his head.

"Come on," I begged.

"Nop," He sang with a smile. "Do it yourself."

"If you do it, I'll be part of six gasp," I joked and Drew's eyebrows raised. "I'm kidding, but it will make me a 50% sure."

He sighed, "I don't have any mentos," He justified himself and I took the tube of mentos inside my bag. The insides of my bag mostly consisted of candy, candy wrapper, useless bills and lipglosses.

"I do." I smirked, "You just put it inside your mouth and drink some coke with it inside." He took the mentos from my hand and shoved them inside his mouth. I handed him the coke and I quickly took my camera out.

Drew noticed while drinking, he tried to push my recording phone but the mentos activated. Coke came flying from his lips and I laughed so hard. At first he tried to hold it but it seemed he couldn't take any longer. The coke dripped from his chin and I could swear some exit from his nose.

Tears rolled from my eyes as he finished from choking, "I can't breath," I cried with the phone locked in my hands. Suddenly he wrapped his arms around my waist, I immediately pushed him away.

"You think this is funny?" He said with his green eyes set on mine. He leaned down and crushed his soaking cheek against mine.

I screamed highly pitched, "Dreww!" He laughed and I felt my breath stopping at the touch of his skin, time stopped as Drew's and my face were inches away.

"So are you in?" He breathed against my lips. My system frozen as my heart beated uncontrollably fast.

"Are you guys having sex?" Someone opened the door and I jumped out. I knew my face was covered in different shades of red. "Oops." Drummer boy said, "Told you we were interrupting something." He focused on Nicolas, I looked at Drew who simply just continued to play his guitar.

I felt a bit hurt by his action, my conscious spoke up again.

'See, told you so. Guys are just not your thing, you'll only get hurt.' I bite my lip, I stood up from the sofa and fake smiled at Nicolas and Drummer boy. "Gotta go," I said reaching for my handbag, Drew looked up at me.

"But we got to show the guys the new lyrics you made!" Drew complained and I looked away.

I set my eyes in the floor and tried to think of an excuse. "You don't need me here to show them."

"Well you're coming tomorrow?" He asked with a smile. "Plant girl you are part of the team now."

Drew didn't get it, If I said yes...if I stayed more by his side there could be a huge possibility for me to develop a crush on him. And for my own good I needed my space, grew apart some time.

"I'm not feeling well," I lied, "but I'll try." without waiting for any other answer, I escaped the apartment. Please, I begged to my unsettling heart, don't ruin this to me. Please don't give me false hopes.