Track #15 Junk Of A Heart

Track #15

Junk Of A Heart

Tonight was the night. I was back at the Melrose Stadium, it was as crowed as last time. People cheered on for Six Gasp and I simply sat in my seat. I wasn't sure how I was handling the whole situation, I wasn't either excited or scared. I didn't know for what emotion to go for.

When I first got here, they send me toward a whole different gate. This one was a door and it lead to this room, kind of box seat. There was hardly any people but a lot of waiters offering fancy beverages. I was the only one not drinking it and the youngest. The view from the room was amazing, I could see the whole stadium from here. I spotted a door that leaded outside to some seats, I guess it was where you sat once the show started. As I exited to the room, I could still hear the fans screaming for the boys. 

I sat down, and like I said, I had no idea how to feel for this. I knew they had done this to be greatful for the freaking lyrics, I knew I should had felt more excited but it just didn't feel genuine. "Are you ready for this?" I turned around just in case they were in fact talking to me, and they were. It was an older man, he held a glass of champagne carefully around his fingers.

"I'm sorry?" I asked confused, why was he talking to me?

"They invited me to hear them out, it was Champagne free. I couldn't really deny it," He smirked, he was tall with short brown hair and eyes. He was wearing this blue blazzer and buttoned shirt. My first guess was that he was a business man, a record label or something like that. "They told me they were very good."

"They are better than they say." I whispered, "They are the most hardworking, dedicated band you will ever see." I smiled at him and procede to turn back to the scenary. The lights soon fadded and all I could hear were a couple of vocals and people screaming.

"Eh-eh-o, eh-eh-o," Was all that could be heard in the darkness. It personaly sounded like a church choir. "I was left," I could recognized Drew's voice anywhere. "To my own devices." People started to join the song with claps. The lights were fixed at Drew kissing the microphone and playing his guitar.

"Many days fell away with nothing to show." Suddenly the beat got more active, the drums in the song were amazing. The breakout of the sudden Johnson's drums got everyone jumping up and down. Drew was now playing his piano, the bright notes were coming from it while Nicolas was doing the back vocals.

"Grey clouds roll over the hills." Drew and Nicolas sang, "Bringing darkness from above." The drums got louder and wilder, Johnson's arms were all over the place. "But if you close your eyes! But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all? And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you've been here before? How am I gonna be an optimist about this?" After the chorus repeated for the second time, the music got softer. All that was heard was Drew's soft voice, the piano, and the vocal chicks.

"Oh where do we begin? The rubble or our sins?" They repeated softly two times, suddenly Drew was back at singing the chorus while the vocals echoed with the same lines. Johnson joined in with his drums loudly, everyone was dancing and jumping around. After the song was over and Drew introduced everyone and saluted his dearest fans. It was time to show off Nicolas's guitar skills.

"You feeling okay? How about we warm the place up?" Drew said with a smirk as Nicolas's guitar broke into. The claps got quickler trying to follow the guitarist beat. It was a sexy low heavy sound.

"I'm gonna fight them off, a seven nation army couldn't hold me back." Drew's voice was just as sexy as the guitar's note. "They gonna rip it off," His cute high pitched voice kicked in the last word. I could feel my inner fan trying to breakout but where I was sitting everyone seemed just too important to even breath. The chorus of the guitar was incredible, Nicolas was killing it. The spotlight was on him, everyone cheered hin on. It was his big solo, his fingers were up and down, up and down.

"You arrive to panic station," Drew's voice interrupted and Nicolas somehow found a way to jump to the next song solo notes. "Ooh," Drew accompanied the guitar. "1, 2, 3, 4 fire's in your eyes. And this chaos it defies imagination," His voice was highly pitched in this song and his oohs were completely adorable.

"5, 6, 7, 8 minus 9 lives. You arrive at panic station," The vocals backuped Drew at the song.  I loved how Nicolas's nodded as he played his guitar. Drew joined in with the bass, he moved around the place and Nicolas did the "Oooohs" as Drew did his bass solo. People screamed as the song ended, Drew was full of sweat and I could tell the heavy lights were not helping.

"Thank you," he said breathless. "Thank you all for coming tonight. Tonight, we got something really important to show you." He walked toward his piano and left his bass aside from the microphone. "It's one of our newest songs, we got to thank a very special friend for helping us get this done." Drew said as Nicolas changed to acoustic guitar, it was my songpa

"Put your dreams away for now," He sang and my heart skipped a beat. They were singing my lyrics, I felt my heart crumbiling down as Drew joined with the piano. "Momma once told me, You're already home where you feel loved."

"How's that bricklaying coming? How's your engine running? Is that bridge getting built? Are your hands getting field?" I mumbled perfectly following Drew's voice. I couldn't believe I had helped out with such a beautiful song, it was incredible all Drew's worked on it. The piano notes he added and the guitar, he was truly talented. "Wuhu," Drew jumped and the song got quicker, claps joined in as Drew and the vocals sang.

"Lost in my mind. Lost in my mind. Oh, lost in my mind. Lost, I get lost, I get lost in my mind." Nicolas and Drew sand together. "Ooooh I get lost," he finished and my eyes started to water. I clapped the loudest, I couldn't simply describe the emotions that were going through my body.

"Thank you, thank you. That's one of our newest songs, exclusive preview for you," He chuckled through the microphone. "This one is for a someone very special to me. It took me a while, wrote it myself." He said after a break, Drew was sitting with his acoustic guitar hanging from his neck. The girls screamed. My heart ached at the word "someone", of course someone as gorgeous as Drew had to had a girlfriend. I ordered my heart to settle down and enjoy the song but I couldn't, all the sudden happiness was drained away as my brain got filled with images of Drew and some girl.

"Junk of the heart is junk in my mind. So hard to leave you all alone," He sang softly as his hands roamed his guitar. "See, I noticed nothing makes you shatter, no, no. You are a lover of the wild and a junker of the heart."

"But are you mine?"

"I wanna make you happy, wanna make you feel alive. Let me make you happy," My heart stopped and I could hardly breath. I felt my eyes tearing up, I tried to control myself, what was wrong with me? Drew and I had hardly anything other than professional 'lyric writing'.

"I wanna make you feel alive at night, wanna make you happy. You're a good girl, good night." Those horrible stomatch twist made me realize that I actually wished Drew had dedicated that song to me. 

He looked so perfect singing and playing that guitar, He had actually written it by himself! Sure the girl had to feel special, I could picture what a big effort Drew had put to this song. I felt so devastated that they weren't for me. A part of me tried to convince there was a possibility but I knew my heart and I wouldn't be able to handel another deception.

I cursed realizing my heart had reached to that phrase, I officially had fallen for Drew.