Track #5 The Owner

Track #5

The Owner

I looked up to find that my hair had fallen all over my face, my clothes were rumpled and messy. In no time the tiger had gotten off of me and was now walking towards its owner. I stood there, trying to analyze the whole freaking situation. This was by far the worst position I had ever gotten myself into. It wasn't like in the movies where the girl was all like; 'oh my gosh, what a sweet animal!' and the guy became instantly attracted to her sweet and loving nature.

However, this was a freaking TIGER! That animal was dangerous! Last time I checked, they ate meat. What was a tiger doing here anyways? He could had ate me and his owner was much worried about me being a theif than me being okay.

"Why the hell do you own a tiger?!" I shouted on top of my lungs.

"Who the heck are you?" He asked really freaked out, "Talk before I call the police." The tiger hide behind it's owner, it didn't look so dangerous from here. In fact, the tiger wasn't that big. It was still a baby, but hey! A tiger was a tiger!

I stood up trying to arrange my clothes and hair so that they looked relatively acceptable. I nervously placed my hair behind my ear and tried to explain my current circumstances. "I-I'm Danielle," I stuttered. "I'm here to water your plants- ."

"You're not my water girl." He interrupted me as he patted the he-devil.

"My friend Gloria was your water girl. But she won't be coming because she's getting married so I'll be watering your plants and feeding your dog from now on." I scratched my head nervously, thinking, It'll be over my dead body that I'll ever be getting close to that animal again.

"Isn't Daniel a boy's name?" He asked and I had to look up at him since he was really tall, practically a giant compared to me.

"No, no!" I blushed, my face turning the color of roses. "D-a-n-i-e-l-l-e. Double L and E at the end." I looked closely at him and frowned, feeling this strange déjà vu. "Sorry but do I know you from somewhere?" He smiled, eyes sparkling.

"Ummm, probably. I'm Kurt Cobain."

"Excuse me?" Maybe I wasn't listening right.

"I'm just kidding, I'm actually Drew Killers." The only thing in my head processed was his last name, Killers.

KILL-ERS.

I analyzed his face, taking in the perfectly sculpted, rectangular jaw, but nothing happened. His first and last name just didn't click, but his face still seemed somehow familiar. "You...don't know me?" He asked, surprised emanating through his wide, caramel colored-eyes. I raised my eyebrow, nerves hitting hard.

"You know what, I do remember you! How could I have forgotten? Killers! We met in - ." I lied through my teeth, praying he wouldn't be able to tell.

He looked at me puzzled. "No, no, we never met. I'm Drew Killers." He emphasized his last name.

I stared at him, bemused. "You know what?" I said feeling a bit crept out. "I left the watering can outside, in my car, I should go get it!" I quickly picked up my bag and scarf, trying to reach out for the door as soon as possible.

"No, no!" He said as I reached for the doorknob. Of course! He was a killer! That would explain the tiger! I felt his hand on my shoulder, I was ready to scream. "I'm Drew Killers, you know, from Six Gasp."

It was just like the movies; my hair flew as I turned around in slow motion. "The band, Six Gap, doesn't that ring a bell?" He asked, scratching his messy brown hair. I stood frozen. It was like I had some tape over my mouth. I just couldn't speak. This took me off guard and when I looked over at him, he seemed somewhat disappointed

Still numb, I managed to speak; "Y-yeah," I stuttered like an idiot. "I-I went to their concert like two nights ago."

He smirked and it made me shiver. He stared at me shamelessly as I tried to avoid eye contact. Ever since the concert, I had vividly tried to avoid Six Gasp, since I just couldn't bring myself to listen to them. And now I was in his house! In one of the member's freaking house!

"Nice shirt," he commented while I looked down and saw my favorite Beatles shirt covered with saliva and water. It was white with "The Beatles" printed in a red heart.

"It's a bit cold out there don't you think?" he asked, "I'll lend you one of my shirts while this one," He pointed out my blouse, "Gets dry."

Had he just offered me one of his shirts? I gazed at him disbelieving what I had just heard, "What?" I asked trying to catch it right.

"Your shirt is covered on York's salvia and water. You might as well wash it since his breath stinks," he laughed.

"I don't think - ."

"Don't thank me. Anything for a fan," he said walking toward his kitchen.

I wanted to insist since his obstination felt rather suspicious but I just stood making possible outcomes inside my head. Sure he was good looking, a singer, everything that I wanted in a boy, but he could be crazy for all I know.

"It's a bit messy, I hope you don't mind." He said as we went upstairs. It was messy, all right. There were magazines, cables, and CD's all over the room. Posters of Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Ray Charles and such covered the wall and the bed was undone while clothes shielded the floor.

He liked Led Zeppelin?! I couldn't help but to scream at the thought, I had been waiting so much for someone to share my love for true music! I loved Jimmy Page!

"Hey, earth to Daniel?" My thoughts drifted away while his voice reached my ears, and he opened his closet as I waited outside uncomfortably, not really sure what to do. I sat down on the bed after walking around his room for a minute.

"You can just hand me the shirt now," I raised my eyebrow. Drew had retreated back into the closet, I could hear him moving around. I got up and exited the house as silently as possible.