Track #9 Lost in my mind

Track #9

Lost in my mind

"Danielle!" Someone screamed out my name.

"Ummm?" I asked coming back to reality.

"You are not even listening to me!" Claire complained, she sighed exhausted.

"I'm sorry, dude. I haven't been able to sleep well at night," I lied, truth was I had spent all my beauty naps in Drew's house elaborating the God damn song. Okay, so I did enjoyed 'elaborating' the song, I felt sort of especial and it was fun. I had finally found someone to talk about music, we sometimes even blasted Queen at the speakers. Still, every night I had to leave really, really late and I was dying of sleepless currently.

"Whatever," Clairen said annoyed.

"Where were you last Friday? It was supposed to be movie nights." I asked curiously, "I called you like crazy and messaged you."

"Oh," she whispered, "I was at the movies, Sorry."

"With who?" I asked confused.

"Dylan." She said with her eyes glued at the ground, I raised my eyebrow.

"Why are you so scared of telling me?" I asked her chuckling.

She gave me a small worried look, "But it's Dylan." Dylan was one of our friends, I had this crush on him like 4 months ago but it turned out that he liked Clairen. During those months Clairen had been acting really weird and that's when I found out she liked him back. Clairen's crush only lasted a few weeks, I didn't say anything but I was really jealous. We always seemed to like the same guys and when that happened she always got them. She never did it in a bad way, Clairen was a really good friend and she was an incredible person. I actually felt lucky to be her friend, but it had it big disvantages.

"Don't worry," I said with a smile. I didn't feel entirely sincere but it was the right thing to do. After all, my crush for Dylan had died down. She smiled to me as we continued to walk toward our next class. I started to think about other stuff trying to distract me from the though of boys and my unlucky-ness with them.

-

I want a famous star, Carl's Jr. hamburgers are the best. This is exactly why I'm fat, I eat to no end. I need to go on a diet but there's ice cream in the house.

Ugh, I need to pee.

"Danielle!" I heard my name called out. I quickly came back to chemistry land, "Please, put attention to the lesson." I blushed deeply as all eyes laid on me.

"You are always lost in your own little world," Clairen whispered with a grin, she was one seat away from me. I sighed realizing she was probably right. Who could skip from one idea to another so fast?

My friends and Clairen sat at the same table, the girls started to talk about clothes and boys. I love them but sometimes I feel as if I didn't belong in their teenage enviroment. I was more into old school music and I was an ecological freak. I enjoyed being by myself and I was captian awkward when it came to socializing. And let's not forget I was also bad at school. I didn't belong anywhere.

-

"Hey," He said as I entered the apparment.

"Hey," I replied emotionless, I walked directly to the kitchen for the water can.

"You'll be glad to hear that I placed the can somewhere of your reach," I could hear him talk but honestely all that my head could resgister was that I needed to hear Jim Morison. He was the only way to cheer me up.

"Why aren't you whinning or calling me jerk?" He said approaching to me. I didn't even noticed he was so close, I was more busy thinking about my abnormalities.

Suddenly soul kitchen blasted through the speakers, this caught my attention. Drew joined the music with his air guitar. "What are you doing?" I tried to shout over Robby Krieger guitar notes. He danced toward my way and suddenly pulled both of my arms. Was he trying to make me dance? He gave me a quick turn and pull me to his arms.

"Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen. Warm my mind near your gentle stove," He said high pitchedly. I started to laugh at his embarrasing dance moves. It was weird to see this side of him, he always seemed so cool and 'rockstar' to be doing this type of things. He continued to pull me and dance but I was just to stiff, I had so many things in my mind and-

"Learn to forget. Learn to forget." At that moment I felt as if Jim was trying to comunicate with me. He was advising me to forget this whole abnormalities of mine. "Turn me out and I'll wander baby. Stumblin' in the neon groves." I sang as I finally gave into music. I always gave in when it came to The Doors, there was something about their music that made me forget and wild up.

We moved like idiots, mostly, I did. I started to swep my body to the ground and move my head to the beat. My hair flew across the room as I jumped up and down. I sang loudly the lyrics as I faced Drew. He was chuckling as I dance around. He joined me and as we danced, "Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen. Warm my mind near your gentle stove! Turn me out and I'll wander baby, stumblin' in the neon groves!"

-

"Earlier, why did you put the music on?" I asked as I finally settled down.

"You seemed kind of out, as if something was bothering you." He said pouring a glass of coke, "Blasting rock always makes me feel better," He said with a smile, I smiled back at him.

"What happened to you earlier?" He asked as he sat in the kitchen counter top, "You didn't even listened to my jokes." He scowled insulted.

"Sorry, I'm always getting lost in my world," I apologized to Drew.

"Getting lost in your mind isn't bad."

"I know, but I should warm people. Like hey I won't see you in some time, I'm gonna get lost in my mind!" I joked, Drew eyes widen and he raced over the living room.

"Drew?" I asked worriedly, I could see him writting in that notebook of his.

"That's it, Danielle! We got a title of the song!" Drew shouted and I felt a smile unvoluntarily creeping at the sound of my name. "Lost in my mind."