THREE

Luke was clasping the straps on his bag, tightly, as he made his way to the school's front gates.

He hadn't seen Ashton since that lesson, but he tried not to think about it too much, and just continue going on with school.

He had only met Ashton today, and that boy was already corrupting Luke's head.

The blonde stood awkwardly by the gate, stopping to search around for Calum. He would glance to the side every now and then to make sure no one was judging him in any way, and thankfully, no one was.

He slowly made his way through the crowd, bumping into people along the way, and mumbling small "sorrys" that no one was able to hear.

Luke finally caught a hint of Calum's raven hair, and ran up to him. But, he soon slowed down his pace when seeing his friend was talking to someone Luke had never seen before.

Luke eyed him ( in a non rude way, of course ), taking in all his details.

The boy was the same height as Calum, wearing black skinny jeans, and a denim jacket with a black t-shirt underneath. His ( whatever colour you want Michael's hair to be ) dyed hair was covered by a snapback, and Luke noticed his sharp green eyes even from the distance.

Luke immediately looked down at his shoes when he saw the boy look over at him, and Calum turned to see what Michael was looking at.

"Luke, come over!" Calum called out, and Luke shyly walked over, not lifting his head.

He fiddled with his fingers, as he stood beside Calum. It looked a little close for comfort to any one else, but the blonde and Calum had no problem with it.

"Michael, this is Luke."

Luke glanced up and saw the-now-named Michael, offer him his hand to shake. Luke eyed it, but slowly agreed.

Luke didn't want to, but he didn't want to seem rude, especially since Michael knew Calum. Any friend of Calum is a friend of Luke, I suppose.

"He doesn't talk much, so don't pressure him to doing so." Calum explained and Michael nodded with a knowing smile.

The blonde sent a smile to Calum. He was grateful that his friend had said that. He didn't want Michael to talk to him, and then be disappointed by Luke not replying.

"And Luke, Michael is my partner for a Science project, so he might hanging around for a while. Is that ok?"

Luke met Calum's brown eyes, and stared at him with a specific look, that Calum had seen so many times.

The tanned boy crouched down to meet Luke's ear, and whispered. "Don't worry Luke. I promise you, with all my heart, that Mikey won't judge you or be mean."

Luke smiled and nodded. He glanced over at Michael, seeing him smile along, and suddenly he clapped his hands, causing Luke to jumo back.

"Well then." He cheered, rubbing his hands together. But soon enough, Calum was slapping his arm, and Michael yelped out an "ow".

"Don't do that! You'll scare Luke!" Calum yelled ( but not too loudly ).

"Oh, fuck! Sorry." Michael apologised, covering his mouth slightly.

Luke let out a soundless giggle. He liked Michael. So far, he seemed nice and seemed like someone Luke could get used to. Sure, it would take some time to open up, but so far, Mikey was already a friend in Luke's book.

"Mikey is coming over to work on the project, do you wanna join?" Calum asked, and Luke nodded.

"I texted my friend that I'm heading to yours and he says he wants to join, is that ok?" Michael asked Calum, and Calum spoke a "sure" in response.

"Coolios." Michael muttered as he typed away on his phone.

And Luke just stood silently, wondering who Michael's friend could be. Hopefully, he was nice.

:::

this chapter was really short and crappy becuase

a) i didn't want everything to just happen all in one chapter and

b) i was too lazy to continue

but the next chapter will have some more "lashton" ( sort of ) this was more of a filler to introduce mikey

well, adios m8erinos !!

- ria