FOUR

The three boys headed to Calum's house, chatting nonsense during the drive.

Michael wanted to know Luke better if he was going to hang out with him, so he kept asking questions about Luke to Calum, since;

A) He didn't want to force Luke into talking, or "pressure him", like Calum puts it and

B) Calum knew Luke like an over read book, and could answer questions about the boy in a snap of a finger.

Plus, it didn't look like Luke minded. In fact, he was smiling whenever Calum answered a question correctly.

The blonde also found out a lot about Michael. Turns out he used to be home schooled. He's the same age as Calum and has the same interests as Calum too.

All in all, Michael was just a very cool person, and Luke was happy that Calum got paired up with him out of all people.

But as always, Luke just observed the two talking, so for him the car ride wasn't all that.

However, he did pick up on a small detail.

Whenever Calum spoke, Michael would stare at him. But it wasn't a judge-y stare, it was more fond than anything else.

Luke noticed that Michael would just kind of black out, and his green eyes would become really bright and bold whenever he looked over at Calum.

And when Calum caught his stare, he would immediately look around as if he wasn't doing so.

Now, Luke was no expert in the matter, but from what he's seen, he thinks that Michael might like Calum a little. Like, like like.

But, it was none of Luke's business, so he just kept it to himself.

Finally, the car pulled over, and the three made their way into Calum's house.

They greeted his mum, who was shoving things into her purse, mumbling a quick "I'm going to be late" and "bye" as she rushed out the door.

"Well, guess we have the house to ourselves then." Calum laughed, and Luke smiled as he sat himself down on the sofa.

He let Michael and Calum bond a little more, since Michael had never visited the Hood's household, and Luke had millions of times.

"My friend says he's gonna be here in a few. He had to ask his mum and shit. You know how goody-two-shoes are." Michael scoffed, reading something off his phone.

Calum chuckled along, and Luke joined in quietly.

:::

Calum and Michael were seated on the sofa, leaning over the coffee table, drawing out a plan for their project as Luke watched.

Well, that's what was supposed to be happening.

Instead, Michael and Calum were laughing away, not giving two shits about the project, and Luke was sat at the corner of the sofa awkwardly.

He felt a little like a third wheel, I guess you could say. It had always been him and Calum, but now Michael was in the equation.

He's not saying he's jealous because Michael was taking Calum away. He's just saying that he's not used to Calum not putting all his attention on him.

He didn't want to he forgotten.

But he was over exaggerating. He knew Calum wouldn't abandon him, his brain was just spiraling again.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, making Luke flinch out of his thoughts, as the two other teens stopped their laughing.

Calum walked over to the door and let out a "Who is it?", as he pressed his ear against the door.