TEN

Luke and Calum were sitting at a table at Nandos, Luke eating his chicken, and Calum with his salad.

Of course Calum would get salad at a chicken place.

The two did this normally, going out to eat together. Anyone would think they were a couple, but they'd be extremely wrong.

However, ever since Luke and Ashton had been getting closer, Calum and Luke have been getting more distant.

But, the blonde was determined to keep the friendship strong, and so he asked Calum to eat with him. And of course, the kiwi boy happily agreed.

"So, are you and Ashton, like, dating now?" Calum asked with a mouthful of salad, and Luke immediately choked on his food.

He punched his chest to regain air, but Calum was already one step ahead, sliding over a glass of water towards the choking Luke.

"Well, that's not a good reaction." Calum said, as Luke rapidly gulped down the water.

"I just -- " Luke paused to let out one last small cough to clear his throat. "Wasn't expecting that question."

"Well, are you gonna answer it?"

Luke looks up at Calum, and his overthinking brain starts taking over the blonde.

His blank thoughts are swapped for thoughts filled with Ashton, and questions to do with the cute curly haired Aussie.

I mean, would Luke even want to date Ashton? Oh, who was he kidding? Ashton would litetally be Luke's dream boyfriend.

Caring, not judgmental, sweet, and not to mention, Ashton was immensely attractive.

But, why would dream boy Ashton, want to date Luke?

He's shy, quiet, lanky, and although Calum and Ashton compliment him all the time, he's very insecure.

Luke hasn't even spoken to Ashton. How would they date if he couldn't speak to his boyfriend? Ashton didn't seem to have a problem with it now, but what about in the future?

"Yo, Luke?" Calum questioned, snapping Luke out of his spinning thoughts.

The blonde kept his eye contact with the kiwi boy, before shaking his head.

"No. W-We're not dating." Luke mumbled out.

Calum raised his eyebrows, and looked back down to eat his salad, Luke doing the same.

"It's kind of a shame, though."

The blonde looked up at his friend, who was acting like nothing was happening, calmly eating his salad with no worries.

"What do you mean?" Luke asked.

Calum swallowed down his food, and continued pushing around the green leaves on his plate.

"I mean, it's so obvious you two like each other. I'm surprised you're not dating yet." Calum explained. "It's a little bit of a waste, if you think about it."

The raven haired brought his fork up, taking another bite, and Luke watched with a quirked brow.

But, the blonde couldn't stop the smirk from forming on his face.

"How about you and Michael?"

And this time, it was Calum's turn to choke on his food. Luke kept his smirk, crossing his arms, as Calum continued coughing.

"You --" Calum stopped to cough. "You're changing the subject." he finished, his pink cheeks bright.

"Whatever." Luke rolled his eyes. "And calm down, your cheeks are hotter than lava."

Luke chuckled as Calum's eyes widened, and he kept his gaze down to hide his blush.

"Shut up, ok?" the kiwi teen said, still keeping his head low. "All I'm saying is that, you should ask him out."

Luke's blue eyes darkened. "What? I can barely speak a "hi" to him, and you want me to ask him out?!"

Calum raised his hands up in defense.

"Ok, ok, god. Sometimes I wish you were shy around me too, whenever you shout at me like that."

Luke clasped both hands together, and blushed in embarrassment.

"Sorry." he apoligised, his tone of voice lighter than before.

Calum chuckled, as Luke continued picking at his fingernails.

"So-" Calum spoke, and waited for Luke to look up again." "Are you just gonna hope that he asks you?"

Luke nodded shyly.

His friend nodded along, and when he thought Luke wasn't listening, he mumbled a small "lovesick" to himself.

But Luke still heard.

And so what? Maybe Luke was just a little lovesick.

:::

this chapter was shorter than usual but that's bc this chapter and the next chapter are both fillers, i guess

anyways, gracias for 500 reads !!!

- ria