SIX

The blonde was sat in class, but his silly grin was hidden on his face.

Luckily, in most of his classes Luke sat at the back, this meant the use of phones was totally out of sight for teachers.

At first, Luke didn't care, but now that Ashton waltzed into his life, he was smiling like mad about it.

His thumbs were travelling across the screen so quickly, and pressed send so fast, that he, himself, had trouble comprehending just what he was doing.

But before the blonde could question it, his phone buzzed once more, and he rapidly perked up and slyly read the message.

From : Ashton

this has nothing to do with anything, but im sort of really excited about hanging out with you after school :)

Luke bit his lip. He sent a message back with a flash of teeth.

To : Ashton

well, im much more excited

A new message arrived immediately after.

From : Ashton

nuh uh

Luke silently giggled, but realised that it sounded a little louder than he had initially thought, and so he quickly covered his mouth with his hand, and texted back.

To : Ashton

yuh uh

From : Ashton

you're too cute

Luke blushed, but his sweet thoughts were interrupted by a loud ring, and finally, last period was over.

He packed everything up as fast as possible, and swung the bag strap over his shoulder.

Luke had never been this excited to meet with someone, not even Calum, but he liked the feeling of excitment racing through him, causing his smile to become bigger by the second.

Speaking of the raven haired, Luke had to tell him that he was going with Ashton after school, and not him.

He'd have to find Calum before meeting with Ashton.

He hopped down the school stairs, and made his way to the main school hallway, where most students flooded to at the end of the day.

Luke stretched his neck, and stood on his tip toes to try and spot his best friend, and when he saw the blonde streak, he quickly ran up to him.

"H-Hey, Cal-"

The blonde shut his mouth. Calum was talking to Michael, and as Luke suspected, Michael was sending Calum the heart eyes again.

And so, Luke smiled, and decided that not telling Calum wasn't really a bad thing. He didn't want to interfere with the Malum ship.

Luke walked with a certain pace to the gates. He assumed Ashton was waiting near there, since thats where thr school's students exited from.

He scanned around, but didn't find the mop of curly hair anywhere. Therefore, he changed direction and smiled when he found Ashton leaning on the wall, leg perked up, and phone in hand.

Luke walked closer, to make his presence noticed, and the older boy looked up to meet Luke's blue eyes.

"Luke, there you are." he cheered, and Luke nodded with a shy smile.

"So, you ready for our dat- I mean, ice cream hang out?" Ashton stuttered awkwardly and Luke giggled with no noise. He sent a nod, and Ashton gave out a breath he didn't even know he was holding.