FIVE

Luke was at his locker, sighing loudly as he searched for the correct textbook for his first lesson.

He hadn't had the best morning. I mean, falling out of bed and getting hairspray in your eye isn't' exactly what you would call a "good morning".

He finally glanced on the desired textbook and reached for it. He then closed his locker, his head still hung.

"Hey, cutie."

Luke's eyes widened and his head snapped up. He turned his neck and was faced with Ashton leaning his shoulder against the row of lockers, a smile plastered on his face.

The blonde blushed, and sent a small wave.

Ashton couldn't help but mentally 'awe' at the blonde's adorable action, as his smile grew bigger.

"How are you today?" he asked, and Luke tried his best to aviod the boy's bright hazel eyes. He's already shy as it is, he didn't need another distraction.

Luke already had his response ready, but remembered the slightly important problem that lies. And so, he raised his finger, indicating for Ashton to wait.

The smaller boy furrowed his eyebrows and watched as Luke rapidly grabbed his phone, bringing it close to his face and typing, Luke's tongue poking out of the side of his mouth.

Seconds later, Ashton's phone buzzed, and the blonde shyly witnessed as Ashton read the message.

From : Luke

i'm fine, feeling a little better now that you're talking to me :)

Ashton smiled, and Luke blushed at the older boy's reaction. Luke was always more confident through text.

Luke's phone buzzed in his hand and he swiped to read the message.

From : Ashton

im glad that you're happy, i like it when you smile :)

Luke could feel the heat spreading through his face. Before he could text back, Ashton had already beat him to it.

From : Ashton

so, um do you have any plans after school?

Luke looked up at Ashton. He shook his head, and Ashton nodded.

"Would you maybe, um, like to -- like to, join me for ice cream, or something? I don't know."

Luke giggled, a little louder than usual, and Ashton's eyes lit up when hearing the angelic sound leave the blonde.

The taller boy went to nod as an answer, but thought that wasn't enough, considering how cute Ashton was when he asked Luke.

Luke typed a draft, and it took Ashton by surprise when his phone vibrated.

From : Luke

I'd love to join you for ice cream, you dork

Ashton looked up at Luke, and chuckled when the blonde playfully punched his shoulder.

"I'll - I'll meet you after school then." Ashton smiled, hiding his hands in his jean pockets.

Luke nodded with a closed mouth grin, and clutched his books tighter to his chest.

The copper haired boy sent one more smile, and turned to walk to his first lesson, and at that moment, Luke honestly felt like a twelve year old school girl.

:::

Luke was seated in his seat, waiting for the lesson to start, but his stupid smile hadn't left his face.

He kept thinking back to Ashton's nervous behaviour and him wanting to meet up with Luke.

Don't get him wrong, Luke loved Calum with all his heart, but Luke was extremely happy that he was getting along with someone other than Calum.

Without even talking to Ashton, he was already becoming closer to the smaller teen.

The blonde bit his lip to hide his smile, as he fiddled with the ends of his sweater sleeves.

Soon after, a figure sat beside him, and Luke already knew who it was.

"Why're you smiling?" Calum's voice rang, and Luke shrugged.

"No reason." he grinned and Calum raised his eyebrow.

"Don't lie to me." Calum said, but quickly looked down when the teacher walked into the class.

She began talking and the class went silent but Calum was still set on getting a answer out of Luke.

"Does it have to do with Ashton?" the raven haired boy whispered, and Luke immediately blushed.

"Maybe." Luke spoke quietly, and Calum shot him a look.

"Well! Tell me!" he whisper - shouted and Luke silently chuckled.

"He -- He wants to meet up with me after school." Luke smiled to himself, and Calum started grinning like crazy.

Look at his best friend, growing up so fast. Just yesterday, he wouldn't so much as make eye contact with someone and now he was going out.

Calum felt like a proud parent.

"Oh my god, Luke. I - "

"Calum Hood!"

Calum's head shot up. The cold stare of the teacher burned through him, and he sunk down in his seat.

"Sorry Miss." he forced out, as Luke snickered beside him.

The teacher nodded once, sharp, and continued talking. When Miss was definitely not looking, Calum subtly leaned closer to Luke and spoke, barely moving his mouth.

"I'm happy for you."

Luke looked over at his friend with a warm smile.

"Thanks."

:::

im sorry for not updating, ive had life problems and its been really stressful

but yeah, im really sorry that i haven't updated and that this was bad, it's because I've had no idea and my friends are being shitty :-(

(( you don't understand how hard it is to not make luke speak in this -- like i have a sentence for him to say but them i remember the plot ))

next chapter is the lashton "date" !!

(( i feel like the lashton is too rushed um :-(((

- ria