TWELVE

It was a Saturday, and Ashton was working in the retail shop again. He wasnt particularly fond of it, but hey, it paid, and it was only part time.

He was pretending to look busy, looking over the clothes, acting as if he was examining them.

An annoyed sigh escaped him, officially bored of doing nothing, since the customers all looked like they knew what they were doing.

All of them just walking around the store, most of them being moms with prams, or women with cellphones, that Ashton didn't really want to disturb.

He looked around to see if there was a customer that seemed confused on something, but instead of spotting one, he spotted something better.

Luke.

Ashton immediately perked up with a smile, and made his way to the blonde, who had just walked into the shop.

The blonde caught sight of Ashton, and sent a small wave. He knew Ashton worked at the shop that day, since Ashton basically texted him everything about his life.

Not that Luke was complaining.

"Heya, stranger." Ashton cheered, and Luke couldn't help but let out a soundless chuckle. The hazel boy chuckled along, before stopping to check the time on his phone.

"You weren't planning on shopping, were you?" Ashton asked, and Luke shook his head.

The shorter of the two smiled. "Great. Because I have a small break, so how about we get some coffee?"

Ashton watched as Luke nodded eagerly, and the hazel boy laced his hand with Luke's and walked towards the coffee shop at the other side of the mall, Luke having a permanent tint of red on his cheeks as they did so.

The two ordered - Luke nodding to the idea of having the same drink as Ashton - and they sat down.

The place was pretty empty, which was good since Ashton knew Luke disliked crowded spaces.

Luke took a sip of his coffee, Ashton mentally awe-ing at the way the blonde held the cup with two hands.

"So, anything interesting happen today?" Ashton asked, and Luke shook his head.

Ashton nodded along, lifiting his cup to take a sip, but as he was about to, he felt a vibration in his pocket, causing him to flinch slightly.

The blonde watched curiously, as Ashton got his phone out to text someone.

Luke couldn't help feeling a little jealous. I mean, it obviously wasn't him who Ashton was texting. But Luke tried his best to shake it off.

They weren't even dating so he shouldn't be feeling jealous. Plus, it could be his mum texting him or something.

Although, I don't think anyone texts their mum with a huge grin on their face, and an odd chuckle being let out after reading their message.

The blonde decided to not react though. He didn't want to ruin the little get together with Ashton.

Even though, Ashton was sort of already ruining it. No, stop it, Luke.

"Hey, Luke?"

Luke immediately sat up straight, waiting with a grin for Ashton's comment.

The smaller boy still kept his eyes glued to the screen as he took another sip of his coffee.

"Um, what would your perfect date be?" he asked, eyes still not looking up at the blonde.

Luke thought about it for a while, and then rapidly took out his phone to type up the message to Ashton.

It was a little cringey to type it out instead of saying it, but Luke was unfortunately cursed and could do nothing about it.

Ashton read the text sent, and nodded his head. Luke's eyes followed everything Ashton did, including the way the curly haired boy's hazel eyes widened when a new text was sent.

A new text that wasn't from Luke.

"Oh, um, do you like the night time or day time?" Ashton asked again, his hazel eyes still not meeting Luke's.

The blonde noticed that Ashton was obviously reading the questions off his phone. And that made Luke more confused than he already was.

Luke texted his answer again, and like before, Ashton nodded, texted someone on his phone, and asked, well, read out another question to Luke. And repeat.

After a few minutes of questions and answers, Luke thought it was better to leave. Ashton seemed a little dodgy today, and Luke hardly even got to laugh or do anything he normally did with the other teen.

Ashton watched as Luke got up from his chair, his coffee still left on the table.

"Are you leaving?"

Luke nodded slowly.

"Oh, well, goodbye then."

Luke let out a loud sigh, and walked away before he could question Ashton's change of character more.

But as Luke was walking away, he turned back to face Ashton once more, but the boy was still texting, sipping his coffee, with no worries or cares.

And all Luke could think of while he was walking home was;

Who the hell was Ashton texting?

:::

ooooh snap

this chapter and the next one are a little shady, thats why luke's answers aren't said, or who ashton was texting sooooo

but it'll be clear soon, dw children

((also sorry it was pretty short um))
- ria ;)

PS. thank you for 800+ reads ily all a whole bunch :)))